You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Ratlines don't clear when tracks are laid.
1560 4
NuttyProfessor47 6 years ago
I've reviewed as many of the reports about ratlines that I could find and as a result have cleared many of the persistent ratlines from my final PCB layout, but there are 2 that I just can't fix, as you will see in the attached screen capture. In addition to the two voltage lines I've shown here, the ratlines for a RESET track also persist. All tracks and pads display the same NET which agree with the schematic, and track ends are alligned with the ends of the Ratlines within pads. Checking these factors fixed all the others, but not these three, two of which you see below. The only clue is all the persistent Ratlines go to or from SMD pads, but not all SMD pads have persistent Ratlines! Any suggestions about what to check next would be most welcome. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/b0sSFhvycSW3gZP9oNO4um8Yc7oKdB4WB7rDAgqV.png)
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi It is because of U32 is on the top layer, but your track is under the bottom layer, they didn't be connected, you have to change the track layer to the top via vias.
andyfierman 6 years ago
The problem with the nets in your screenshot is that you have single layer SMD pads on U32 on the top layer with traces on the bottom layer from the pins of through hole devices C34 & C35 but there are no vias added to connect the bottom layer tracks through the PCB from top to bottom layers. In one case you just need to swap a section of track from bottom to top. In another you could just add a via near U32.
NuttyProfessor47 6 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks Andy. I did wonder if that was the issue, but as I've never worked with SMD on prototypes before it's not an issue I've ever come across. It explains the reset ratline too because the switch is top mounted. I suppose that not having to worry about which side a track was for a through hole pad (it doesnt care) I assumed all pads were the same. Clearly not. I'll remember next time. Can one put a via through a top screen pad?
andyfierman 6 years ago
"Can one put a via through a top screen pad?" You can but whilst it is OK if you are hand soldering, it is not recommended if you are using solder paste and reflow assembly because the via can suck sodler away from the pad and result in a dry or unreliable joint. It is recommended to simply add a small stub of track from the pad to a via some distance outside the pad area and then route from the via on the other side of the board.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice