You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Really Simple Simulation
653 3
MountainMad 2 years ago
Hi, I'm trying to do a really simple sim just to get started. I've searched help, forums etc but I'm pretty stumped why this simple example is not working. So any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. AC voltage source feeding a simple divider of 2 x 1K resistors. I've added a GND component too, as described in tutorials, to the bottom of the divider. I took the components from the spice lib. The circuit is like this... \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\- \|                                       \| \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-Voltage Probe 2 \|                                      R1 1K Supply                              \|\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-Voltage Probe 1 SIN(0 1 1000 10m 1 0)     R2 1K \|                                      \| \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\- \| GND 1\. I started on desktop version\. The sim runs OK\, and I can see the sim report\. But no waveform window opens\. 2\. So I moved to the web version\. This time I got the waveform window\. But no AC at the probes\. Probe 1 was constant 0\.5V\, probe 2 constant 1V \(so it sims the divider OK but somehow the AC voltage source is operating as DC 1V\) 3\. Then after a number of retries\, forum searches etc the waveform window stopped opening after the sim run in the web version too\. Again the sim runs without error\, just no waveform window 4\. So now whether I use desktop or web I get no waveform window after the sim runs So I guess I have two main questions \- Why is the waveform window not displaying even after successful sim run? \- When it did show\, why am I getting flat DC from an AC source? I'm happy to share the project but on trying it went to publish to the OS HW platform (I wasn't sure I should clutter this with my simple test). I did in the end try but it gave an error (flashed up briefly in red text but had no time to read it). This is the netlist download after the sim run... \*\* Sheet\_1 \*\* R1 VOLPROBE1 VOLPROBE2 1K R2 GND VOLPROBE1 1K V1 VOLPROBE2 GND SIN(0 1 1000 10M 1 0) .SAVE VOLPROBE1 VOLPROBE2 .tran 0 10m 0 1u Thanks <br> <br>
Comments
MountainMad 2 years ago
OK, I may have solved this, by playing with same in LTSpice itself The AC source i dropped in EasyEDA had some other params set, so was designated as.. SIN(0 1 1000 10m 1 0) Removing these to simplify to SIN(0 1 1000) it now works as expected so was the 10m Timedelay meaning run as DC to this point then go AC? That would explain. Still not sure why I was not always getting the waveform window.
andyfierman 2 years ago
The 10ms time delay in the source is just an unhelpful default. The Simulation Tutorial describes and demonstrates how to use the Voltage and Current sources and how to set up simulation Analyses.
MountainMad 2 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks Andy, just glad I got to the bottom of it. Looking forward to using the tool :-)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice