You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Rebuild copper layer problem - V4.11.9
1643 5
FrankCA 6 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: Selecting a copper area and clicking Rebuild Copper Area causes tracks from other layer(s) to show on top of currently active layer. (I have a 2-layer design not sure if this also happens with internal layers). Steps to reproduce bug: 1. Create a copper area eg. GND net ground plane on bottom layer. This will give you a ground plane with clearances around other net objects, pads and tracks. 2. Select the copper area border by clicking on its border (dashed line), 3. Click Rebuild Copper Area in right-side Properties panel. Results: Tracks from the top layer appear overlaid on top of the ground plane. This is a visual issue, not a connectivity issue since the tracks are not connected to the ground plane. To remove these tracks from view, click on another layer eg. silkscreen or ratlines, then click back on the bottom layer. The top-layer tracks are no longer visible until you click on Rebuild Copper Area again. Expected results: As on previous version only SMT pads on other layers should be visible, not tracks. Browser: Chrome Before Rebuild Copper Area ![enter image description here][1] After Rebuild Copper Area ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20171123/5a15cd745947b.png [2]: /editor/20171123/5a15cda2e6ef1.png
Comments
FrankCA 6 years ago
Looking at the 2nd screenshot it seems that this is a "send to back" "bring to front" type layer issue - notice how the red tracks go under the blue tracks but are on top of the blue copper area. This means that the blue copper area is not at the same logical layer as the blue tracks, but is beneath the red tracks logical layer.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi FrankCA Thanks for your report, yes, it is a visual issue, we have noticed this at last version , we will fix this at next pro version. :)
FrankCA 6 years ago
@Tutorials - thanks for the feedback. I have to make a pointed and what may appear to be a harsh comment but I hope you will see it in a positive light the way it is intended: from this and other bugs it is clear that your regression testing leaves a lot to be desired. I know this is free software so expectations should maybe not be that high and I'm sure there's a lot of pressure on the development team, but thats no excuse for not doing things properly. I am a fan of your software, but it annoys me when there are clearly avoidable bugs in new releases that should have been picked up during testing. I'm sure you are doing your best and you take pride in what you do - at the end of the day you want more users and more customers in your (online) stores. To do that you are going to have to up your quality game. There are a lot of alternatives to EasyEDA and if I feel that the risk of getting faulty pcbs because of buggy software is getting too great then I will have to start looking at alternatives. What I would rather do is help in whatever way I can to improve the quality of your products.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@FrankCA Thank your help very much, we don't have enough resource to do more test, we are trying to improve this, so we recruited a test engineer to do this job, we hope that will help our editor's quality better. And at the feature, I can send you a message, you can help us do some test if you have time.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@FrankCA Hi We fix this at beta version, you can try at beta.easyeda.com/editor and we fixed some copper will be lacked at difference copper clearance issue. thanks
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice