You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Red Pads on PCB
296 2
rzeiss 2 years ago
After I route my PCB, the D pads for the power transistors turn red.  What does this mean?![red_pads.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MObuzF2Brz23UZYCQrza1gZ5OkaP4bgOzkGOLDbS.png)
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
"After I route my PCB, the D pads for the power transistors turn red.  What does this mean?" Don't know. Not enough information. They could be single layer pads. They could be something the Autorouter has done for whatever reason. Unitl you can make a public copy of this project available and post the link to it back here, it's just guesswork. Other points: * It looks like you used the Autorouter on this because the routing is very poor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/WNBtMbj3zs1vhC7ttAubOs5kHuZ6BDSlkxua8OD9.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ytKGksYGFjzpOkdGC4ozfyhOF9eyZApkpKqHjHfl.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/h1hGApbLHiDtjfiaTxrCtNllHRaYmgMiqqFo1xnV.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Q41BgXAbZF4UvxeWINyVp4EA0HZWtQl2sjw9kF6S.png) given that you are using power transistors, the track widths to the "D" (and guessing your nomenclature, therefore to the "S") pins appear to be suicidally narrow. * Your use of the phrase "D pads" implies that you are using MOSFETs Your PCB however slabels them as NPN and PNP which implies that they are bipolar transistors.
rzeiss 2 years ago
@andyfierman Thank you for the response and the advice.  This is all new to me, but I am learning. What I experienced was that each pad can be set to be to Top, Bottom, or Multi layer. Both the G pad and the S pad on the MOSFETS were set to Multi Layer, while the D pad was set for the Top layer.  So it was Red. Now I have them all set for Multi Layer, and they are all white. And, yes, some traces were dangerously too close to pads and holes.  I  thank you for that tip. I changed the clearance in the auto router design rules.  That fixed it. Thank you for your help, it was enough to clear up the fog.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice