You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Removing solder mask from via
361 3
kwilkin 1 year ago
Noticed some of recent PCBs have come back from manufacturing with exposed copper on some vias. Looking at EasyEDA Pro, these vias have a setting for the solder mask expansion set to 'custom' 0 for both top and bottom. I have not set this.  If I select 'general', then back to 'custom', the fields then read -25.4 for both top and bottom, and the solder mask circle is removed. This a bug? I'd have thought by default vias should not have solder mask.
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
By default vias should normally be covered by solder mask, i.e. there should be no exposed copper. Note that this is not the same thing as "tenting" vias: by default vias from JLCPCB should have open holes on both top and bottom sides of the via.
kwilkin 1 year ago
Holes are open top and bottom so no problems there. Fair point, if you put a solder mask covering as an object using the solder mark layer, you are exposing the copper. My point is still valid however above, vias put down by EasyEDA Pro (I think since the update) have exposed copper top and bottom by default - which is not how it should be - hence why I think it is a bug re the solder expansion settings.  Ideas?
UserSupport 1 year ago
if you set it as general, you need to set the Design Rule of the solder mask expansion
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice