You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Replace part in schematic
11571 30
lynxlabeling 6 years ago
**Feature Request** Brief title for your desired feature: Add ability to replace an existing component in the schematic with another part. How would you like the feature to work? In the 'Parts Attributes' panel, add a button to replace the part. The button will open the parts manager where the user will select the replacement part. Why is this feature important to you? Often a component needs to be replaced. Currently, there is no way to do so. The only workaround is to place the desired component, delete the existing one, move the new one into place, and rename its RefDes - a long process. A common scenario is to quickly create a schematic using parts from the EELib. Later, the parts need to be replaced with the correct ones. Another common scenario is a part placed is found to be incorrect or need changing.
Comments
David Alter 5 years ago
I agree!  I went to order my BOM on LCSC and 4 of the components that had previously 10,000+ in stock were now "out of stock" and I cannot figure out an easy way to replace them.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@dalter, Two choices. 1) Find another supplier and then edit the supplier and supplier part number attributes of all instances of the affected part. I think that if you cntrl left-click select every affected part then you can edit these two attributes across all parts simultaneously. 2) Find an alternative part  from LCSC and edit the LCSC and manufacturer's part numbers, and if required, the PCB footprint. Ditto about multiple selections. Note that if you update the footprint in the schematic then do Update PCB... to pull the new footprint into the PCB. Actually, if you only want to change the supplier then there's a third way. Just download and edit the BOM. Seems like cheating but actually that's how most commercial companies deal with the increasingly prevalent problem of shortages.
dreAn 4 years ago
I cannot believe there is no option to do what the thread creator suggests...  I looked for it for several minutes being sure there have to be an option for that..
UserSupport 4 years ago
@dreAn Hi You can delete it and place a new one....
Juha Lainema 4 years ago
But if you have a hundred components you want to replace, deleting each and replacing them will take long enough for that part to be out of stock when you actually make a new order. This is a really important feature for any design one actually tries to get manufactured.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Having some feature to replace a component only helps if there are a large number of the same part to replace. If each part is different it is difficult to speed up the process by automating it because although the substitution process may be speeded up, a substitution list still has to be created which probably has to be a manual process involving checking datasheets for compatibility and so will take some time
dreAn 4 years ago
in case I want it assembled, or buy components as well...  there is a smart "select similar components" that is helpful, but then it should have an option to replace them all. Also, If there are design changes, like capacitors that need to be changed around sketches, it is an unholy mess to hunt down and replace one-by-one.
louislewis 4 years ago
I agree, this would be an extremely useful feature to have.
niklasm 4 years ago
I would also like to see such a feature. Please implement one. I would much rather write a pin mapping than have to replace each component and rerun traces
andyfierman 4 years ago
The ability to remap pins of Schematic  Symbols already exists. Select the symbol then press the I key.
javaguru 3 years ago
+1 for this feature request. A problem with deleting and replacing a component is that when the PCB is updated, the replacement component is not put in the same place as it should be, but as a new component off the board.
JohnAlfred 3 years ago
Was this feature implemented ? (Asking in Sep-2020)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@JohnAlfred, Why not build a simple dummy project and try things like this out to get a feel for the tool? Also please check out the version log files: [https://easyeda.com/page/update-record](https://easyeda.com/page/update-record) **What's new in v6.4.7** 2020.09.21 Improvements * Support top toolbar * Support "Reset Component ID" feature, via: Design - Reset Component ID, to solve the problem of open old files, delete old components and put new ones after Import Changes
andyfierman 3 years ago
@JohnAlfred, You also did not make it clear which of the several features covered in this (very old) topic that you were asking about.
UserSupport 3 years ago
@JohnAlfred You can use Reset Component ID feature to implement this feature. we will support this feature at new pro version. It coming soon
u271D 3 years ago
So the answer is no, we the users need to replace each component one by one. First, delete the existing part; in my case 26, 2N3904 and 2N3906. Then replace with the new part ones with the correct LCSC part numbers manufactures and footprints; yes the new ones have a different footprint.
bob123 3 years ago
I came here because I wanted to use JLCPCB SMT assembly.  However  since I only use mostly Samsung/Murata/Panasonic caps and resistors in my project - I have to substitute them as they are not available for assembly.  Please add a feature to easily substitute parts for parts available for JLCPCB SMT assembly - it'll give them more business.
andyfierman 3 years ago
It's taken me a while to really see the need for a feature that allows one or more of the same part to be selected and then replaced by a different part all at the same time. At the moment the **Find Similar Objects...** menu option makes it easy to find all the parts it is desired to replace but actually having to extract and then copy and paste the relevant Supplier, Supplier number, Manufacturer, Manufacturer part number, PCB Footprint, link to datatsheet etc. into the respective fields of the old component to turn it into the new one is time consuming and prone ot errors. It is even more complicated if there are fields to be added or removed between the old and the new parts. I have now found a usage case where a faster way to implement this feature would be useful. I have a design which started life using only through hole components but I now want to conver it to surface mount. So all the through hole components have to be replaced by the same value and rating parts but in SMT. Some components appear as just a single instance in the schematic but others may appear as several instances. For example, in a design there may be one 431 type shunt regulator but there may be 10 off 200k 1% 125mW resistors. This feature could be an extension of the **Find Similar Object...** menu option to: 1. select a suitable replacement part from the library; 2. to find all the affected parts of a particular value (and other parameters as desired) and then;  3. replace them all with the selected replacement part. Obviously the pin mapping of the old and new Schematic symbols and PCB Footprints parts must be checked against the part datasheets and, if necessary corrected, before applying the change. It is less clear how a subsequent **Update PCB...** or **Import Changes...** should be handled because the PCB layout and routing are likely to be very, very different when swapping from through hole to surface mount footprints.
magiva 2 years ago
its very important to be able to swap out parts as the design improves, trying to refine the price when submitting for a pre-populated build involves finding a basic equivalent that is in stock then going back to the schematic and changing all the parts,updating the pcb and route - crazy amount of time. we should be able to select the part and all like it, then access the library to replace the parts, updating the pcb should not then throw them off the board to remapped, they should change in place. being able to find "basic" items and replace the ones i have with basic ones to aid in the manufactur and lower the cost is what user experience is all about.
xinort 2 years ago
Yeah this feature is really needed. I've been dealing with having to delete all the parts in the schematic, select the new component, then paste it into the old spot on the schematic, then update the PCB which has the new parts in the corner, then move the parts to the original location. It's quite a bit of work.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@mark287562 @xinort You can try this extensions [https://github.com/duritskiy/easyeda-MyExtensions](https://github.com/duritskiy/easyeda-MyExtensions) [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Extension-User-Extensions-for-EasyEDA-Summary-9e065b68316f4491a3911dc6204be31e](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Extension-User-Extensions-for-EasyEDA-Summary-9e065b68316f4491a3911dc6204be31e)
xinort 2 years ago
@UserSupport @duritskiy Thanks! The extension works great.
Zingo Andersen 2 years ago
Just tried this and it seem to work: I updated the BOM from the schematic editor menu and replaced a part that I hade 3 of in various places, and it seemed updated them in all 3 places in the schematic.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@zingo_1902, Not sure I understand what you're saying. Your post implies that changing something in the BoM gets back-annotated into the schematic but I'm pretty sure that is not what happens. For clarity, could you write down the steps you went through to do this?
Zingo Andersen 2 years ago
In schematic editor menu "Fabrication" select "BOM" select a row and select "Assign LCSC Part #" and select something, all components on the "row" seem to be replaced. But beware the footprint is NOT changed. That how I found out, the factory mailed me something was wrong and it took me a while to understand how it ended up like that before I remembered I tried different chips in the BOM window. (I am using the web version.)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@zingo_1902, * All you have done is change the contents of the BOM. * The schematic from which the BOM is generated is unchanged by the actions you describe. * This is not what this topic was originally about when it was started 4 years ago.
PeterL 1 year ago
@UserSupport Thanks Soooooooooooooooooooo Much.   This works perfectly for me.  This should be a main feature of EASYEDA.
Tapio Haapala 1 year ago
I use hour to try find that feature because I assume that ofcourse there is it because it is just basic options at other EDA tools. But is it really that there is no tool for swap component to other? o_O
andyfierman 1 year ago
@tapio.haapala.mob Please  see: "You can try this extensions [https://github.com/duritskiy/easyeda-MyExtensions](https://github.com/duritskiy/easyeda-MyExtensions) [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Extension-User-Extensions-for-EasyEDA-Summary-9e065b68316f4491a3911dc6204be31e](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Extension-User-Extensions-for-EasyEDA-Summary-9e065b68316f4491a3911dc6204be31e)" from @UserSupport a year ago in this topic.
0AlphaOmega 1 year ago
Just to add my comment. This should be a system function, not an extension. The option to replace one part with another is extremely important and a huge time saver. In "Eagle" one selects the new component in the schematic, and simply clicks each item to be replaced. Warnings given if pinouts are different. Having to move components back onto the PCB is annoying!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice