You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Right click pan and context menu.
836 18
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
I've been using the product for a year.  Its a great product.   I searched the forum but could not find information on this topic. Question about mouse right click in schematic and PCB layout, used to pan around the canvas.   It had worked reliably until 3-4 months ago?    I think after an EasyEDA SW release,  a context menu now appears on depressing the right mouse button,  and sometimes on release of the button.   This occurs even if I click on canvas blank space.    This popup menu is EasyEDA not a browser function.   Is there a way to suppress display of this menu as it interferes with panning around the canvas?    Thanks.
Comments
UserSupport 3 years ago
How about to try to clear browser cache?
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
Thanks.   Clearing the browser cache fixed it.
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
@UserSupport Hi, I would appreciate your help with an ongoing problem.   Its the same issue I asked about last month.  The pan feature (right click, hold and drag) which worked great, was modified a few months back in a SW release.  Now a context pop-up menu appears which almost always interferes with the pan operation.  If I am zoomed in to a layout, I can not pan at all. I assume too close to traces/parts, so context menu aperture is too large? Please let me know how to disable the context menu, on right click.  Or if there is some other way to avoid this popup?   I would like to right click and pan.  A reliable pan function is critical. Your previous suggestion to clear my browser cache improves it a bit, but it does not eliminate the problem and the problem becomes worse with time.   I'm using the Opera browser (I think its a derivative of Chrome).    I appreciate you guys have created a great tool, and it must be a mountain of work for you all.   Thanks.
UserSupport 3 years ago
If you selected a object, when you move your cursor to space and right-click menu, it will pop up the object's menu, it is a feature.
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
@UserSupport Hi, Thanks for your reply. I don't think you understood my question.  I'm not trying to select an object.  The problem I'm seeing is:  I can not pan around the PCB.  If I right click a blank area on the PCB, a popup menu appears. I'm not able to pan.   I don't want the popup menu because it prevents me from panning, moving around the PCB.   Preventing a user from panning can not be 'a feature'.   The product is unusable for me now.   If you can not address this issue yourself I would appreciate you escalating this internally.  I need to be able to move around the drawing.
UserSupport 3 years ago
Keep pressing right-click button or scroll button to pan. we didn't test at Opera, maybe it is different.
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
Hi, I logged out and logged back in using MS Edge browser.  It behaves the same as opera. I can not use the right mouse button to pan around the PCB.   At this point I believe you can not either.     I have no choice but to use the arrow buttons to move about the layout..   Using two hands instead of one hand is a is a step backwards.     Right mouse button pan has been a useful feature of the web version of your product for years?   The popup context menu is not useful to me and is a nuisance.   When laying out a board, most of my time is spent panning, zooming...  The popup menu is not used frequently, the right mouse button pan is used continuously.  Please consider a SW update so users can disable the annoying popup menu.
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
Hi, I logged out and logged back in using MS Edge browser.  It behaves the same as opera. I can not use the right mouse button to pan around the PCB.   At this point I believe you can not either.     I have no choice but to use the arrow buttons to move about the layout..   Using two hands instead of one hand is a is a step backwards.     Right mouse button pan has been a useful feature of the web version of your product for years?   The popup context menu is not useful to me and is a nuisance.   When laying out a board, most of my time is spent panning, zooming...  The popup menu is not used frequently, the right mouse button pan is used continuously.  Please consider a SW update so users can disable the annoying popup menu.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@M4386Z25Q, If you right-click**-and-release** then you get the right-click context menu. Left-click to exit the right-click context menu. If you right-click**-and-hold** and then move the mouse pointer, the canvas will drag with the mouse pointer. Release the right-click to exit dragging the canvas.
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
Hi, thanks for your reply and the details.  I know you are trying to help me. Your first paragraph.  I agree it works as you describe. Your second paragraph, it does not always operate as you describe.   Within PCB layout.   If I am zoomed in so 6 or so components are filling the screen, but there is some blank space. Left-click blank area, don't move the mouse, right-click AND HOLD, and immediately  move the mouse to pan.  What I see happening is, the pointer moves across components, sometimes 1/4 of the screen width.  I've never released the right-click.  Once the pointer touches an object the context menu appears.  Sometimes it does work exactly as you describe. I wonder if the problem is server+network latency?    I've notice when working in schematic capture, the SW is less likely to exhibit this problem.  It works mostly as you describe.  Maybe I should try the desktop client?
andyfierman 3 years ago
"Once the pointer touches an object the context menu appears." I don't see this at all. Try using Chrome or Firefox?
UserSupport 3 years ago
Only one PCB or all PCBs act like yours?
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
@UserSupport Hi,  The behavior is the same on all my PCBs I've edited recently.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Can you make an animated gif screenvideo and post it back here?
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
I'll generate one this weekend.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@M4386Z25Q, Have you tried using a different mouse in case there's a bounce on your right-click button? :)
M4386Z25Q 3 years ago
Tried a couple of experiments.   I loaded Firefox; same problem.  (Opera, MS edge, firefox all behave same.)    Had been using a desktop system, W10, Ryzen cpu, logitec M275 optical wireless mouse (micro USB transceiver).  Is it the HW?    Tried my Lenovo E595 LT which has a logitec M570 trackball.  I find the trackball difficult to use with PCB, but I noticed pan function works.   Is it the wireless mouse?    Back to the desktop.   Replaced the M275 mouse with an old logitec wired USB, optical mouse.  The system behaves as you describe.  Massive difference.  The context menu never appears accidentally.  Right-click pan works great. Thanks for your patience.   I'm sorry the problem turned out to be my system.   I'll spend some time trying to figure out why M275 misbehaves.  I did check the mouse SW configuration weeks ago to make sure mouse functions were at default.   I'm running the logitec device SW between the mouse and the OS.  Will disable that first.     If I can get the M275 working properly, I'll post it here.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@M4386Z25Q, Glad we got to the source of the problem eventually. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice