You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Routed tracks don't change name after change of net name in schematics
2512 5
as_axelschmidt 8 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: PCB Already routed tracks keep their "old" net name while pads change their net name Steps to reproduce bug: 1.Schematics: create two different nets with at least two pins each. Attach GND symbol to one net. 2.PCB: Route the two nets (one is named GND, the other xxx) > no ratlines visible. 3.Schematics: Attach GND symbol also to the other net. So you have two nets, both GND. 4.PCB: Import changes Results: Have a look at my public project: Trace name bug PCB, zoom in to see net names: Pads are all marked correctly as GND but traces keep their old name! Ratlines between the new GND pads although there is already a trace between them (but with the old name!) Expected results: Just one ratline between the old and the new GND net. All net names of pads and traces should be GND Browser: Firefox
Comments
dillon 8 years ago
>PCB, zoom in to see net names: Pads are all marked correctly as GND but traces keep their old name! Ratlines between the new GND pads although there is already a trace between them (but with the old name!) We don't remove the old tracks, because it is hard for us to know if it is real should be removed, this is why after import change, we will pop a dialog to ask to run a DRC test. in DRC test you can check the problems. I can't accept it is bug, but I think it is can be named design issue. we know this, but can't fix this.
Hi Dillon, Easyeda should not remove routed traces, they are OK "copperwise"! The traces have to be renamed to the new net name! Do you really mean, that changing a net name in schematics shall cause a complete reroute of the traces of that net??? Why? Something like "merging" the traces with the pads would be necessary! Have you checked the example? (Trace name bug) Do you have a workaround, other then completely rerouting the renamed net?
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, I have checked your example, and how what you mean. >Do you have a workaround, other then completely rerouting the renamed net? No, but I think it is useful. Let us to see the bellow case, after router the PCB, the track net should be `C1_1`, If we change the both new net `new1` and `new2`. What you think the track on the pcb, do you think should we rename it as what? ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20160324/56f35b152c5b8.png [2]: /editor/20160324/56f35b2215fb7.png
Hi, sorry for the delay, I was busy with something else! Perhaps I don't understand your question or it does not exactly fit to my problem. Regarding your example: Start from below to the top: Route the separated C's and you will have one pad of C1 and one trace called New1, one pad of C2 and the trace will be named New2. Now rename in schematics New2 to New1 because you want to merge them together. Import changes to PCB and you will see that the pad of C2 has changed it's name to New1, but the trace is still named New2….. My usecase: Two schematics, first has GND symbols (and so you have a net name GND), the second does not have GND symbols. Create one PCB from both schematics. Route the PCB. So I do have traces and pads named GND (from the first schematics) and traces and pads named U1-2 (from the second schematics) as an example. Then you decide that you want to connect the net (U1-2) from the second schematics with GND of the first schematics by placing a GND symbol at it. save schematics, open PCB and import changes. What you will see is that the pads of components of second schematics changed their names from U1-2 to GND, which is fine. But the already routed traces of the former net U1-2 did not change their name to GND but keep the old U1-2 name. Result: DRC errors and ratline between the GND pads of components of second schematics. Is there any way to "merge" the traces (U1-2) again with their pads (now GND)? Would it be possible to merge the two nets at PCB and do some back annotation to the second schematics? Hope it is a bit clearer now….
dillon 8 years ago
You need to read the image from top to bottom. I need to separate it as two new. so the track is a new net. not belong any. change to new1 or new2, both bad. Maybe the users will worry why not to keep the old net. We will take your topic as a feature suggestion, not bug. for bug, we will kill it very quickly. Thanks for your time.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice