You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
SVG Import performs really bad
1544 9
andreasbernhofer 4 years ago
Hey, I want to import a geometry created with OpenSCAD to my PCB as Silkscreen/Soldermask layer. I can export as DXF or SVG. When I import the geometry as DXF the geometry is spot on, but filled areas aren't filled anymore. When I import as Image (SVG), the filled areas are filled, but the geometry is a mess. ![SVG vs DXF Import](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uZUvbjvrVWQz1qBroDKbAnhIlrJEGDvabGvKPiPS.png) Is this a bug? If not - how else can I import the geometry? Thx Edit: Looks like I can't post the SVG in Code-Tags...
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
EasyEDA doesn't support the fill feature for the DXF yet.
Patrick Becker 4 years ago
@UserSupport When will it be?
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
It is kind a shame that EasyEDA is not able to import SVG graphics without simplification despite being completely based around SVG internally. I actually found out that you can import the SVG by editing the sourcecode directly. Just click "File" - "EasyEDA File Source" and replace the content of the imported SVG node with the actual SVG code ("," and newlines replaced with space): ![2020-10-04 19_06_57-EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MvwYOZ4FjgNT5b9eZiYxu2jf0xA0MIj3FgBzG7Ek.png) The original SVG must be scaled by 10/2.54 if you want to import in mm. This is the result (imported left, "hacked" source right): ![2020-10-04 19_03_50-EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/g33Ax07GFAx0nt4OeoFnIPiLjFLfmoEbtEE4DcSK.png) It seems to work with most geometry. My SVG was created procedurally with OpenSCAD and contained only absolute line segments. I'm not sure if the generated gerbers are fine though. The preview is fine, but JLCs gerber viewer shows a mess on both - imported and hacked.... ![2020-10-04 19_03_34-EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/aXji2jJCAqS76wRu0eArGCopGZmuNO3KV1bFEwNm.png) ![2020-10-04 19_03_20-PCB Prototype - JLCPCB.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/YnlnPIw5ueC7b0Cj2FOj2TSvJEFvOA4RR2hAv2wq.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
What do your Gerbers look like if you check them using the FOSS gerbv tool?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, @Usersupport, Thanks for posting this. It looks to be really helpful for a number of people who have posted about this problem. Hopefully development will be able to incorporate this workaround into the GUI for the PCB Editor sometime soon. :)
Gerbers look fine in Gerbv and KiCads GerbView.
Looks like raw SVG code can also be imported into solid regions. This is important if you want to use it as copper cut-out or board cut-out npth layer which is not possible with SVG nodes. However, solid regions seems to be limited to just M and L SVG commands. Using Z always returns to the origin instead of the beginning of the current line. See example: ![2020-10-05 19_02_30-EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/d6jrnuKgN6DnnJCqrrEim2xgxgBeHOEIQobIWhsO.png) ![2020-10-05 19_03_16-EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/KqqUJyo7ThcAHLyFdACwWp8YkqhyJ1sqgCrGsUYW.png) ![2020-10-05 19_03_53-GerbView.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/fnXbcYWKFGGDGjehjPOZG5KkqJhvpBfWYBlqV9Es.png) 1st solid region (3 squares on first row) shows that Z returns to the origin and also shows that relative moves ("l" instead of "L") do not work in the gerber. Editor preview looks fine though. 3rd solid region (3 squares on third row) show that multiple paths within one solid region actually work, but Z must be replaced with L to the beginning of the shape.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, AFAIK, KiCad uses gerbv, it just has a KiCad decoration round it.
I made some progress... My code is now available as extension: [https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import](https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice