You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Save PCB parameters along its layout
681 4
dimitar.kunchev 6 years ago
**Feature Request** As a user I would be happy to be able to save additional parameters for a PCB along its layout. Including stack and width. That would allow me to repeat orders without having to worry I would miss a parameter. Also would be helpful for other people if they fork your design or something like that. Currently the only approach I see is to make notes in the designs Cheers
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Do you mean such as design rule settings? https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#DRC
Not sure if it is the same thing :) DRC settings are saved with the project, so yes - like that. This could be implemented along the DRC but I think deserves a different approach. Just to be clear - I am talking about the PCB thickness and stack (each layer's copper weight, prepreg thickness, core thickness, etc). Stack and PCB width is important (as you probably know) in a lot of high-speed or analog scenarios. For such projects you need to have a way to document the exact parameters of the PCB you are routing for - each layer's thickness. The DRC doesn't have them and I am not sure if it is the right place (unless you upgrade the DRC to calculate impedances and monitor them, which would be awesome). Some suggestions about implementing it: I think the simplest solution would be to have a couple of extra fields in the menu on the right - where canvas attributes and etc are. You have support for extra key/value data there so it might be easier to implement. However this doesn't seem to be the right place - the rest of the items in that menu are drawing settings, not related to the actual project. Another way would be to add some extra fields in the Layers window, because all this is about the layers thickness. Not the most obvious place but could work... In the end you could just have a special label in the Document layer. Like the way simulations work - you just drop some text and it is read for the simulation parameters. Same way you could be able to detect a text in the document layer with prefix "Stack" and read on what the PCB width and layers are. So when you export for fabrication all parameters are pre-filled. I am not electrical engineer so I just might be approaching all of this in completely the wrong way, but I am experienced software developer so I do see where things could be improved ;) Cheers
dillon 6 years ago
@dimitar.kunchev We think this is a good start, we will provide template function soon, this case, you can convert your PCB from template which you saved.
Template would be interesting approach - looking forward to it! Cheers
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice