You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Schematic Layout challenging to re-arrange
603 3
Arcadenut 1 year ago
I'm reverse engineering a PCB that I am trying to fix because schematics are not available for it.   It's becoming more and more spaghettified as I get further into it and was hoping there was an easy way to re-arrange the components. 1) One thing would be nice is maybe to turn off the "Auto Connect" of wires.  When I drag a component from point A to point B, if the wires overlap another pin on another component they automatically connect up. 2) Since I'm working backwards, components are not locked into their position on the sheet.  For example, if I have an IC at M5, I could have it on the actual sheet at A1 and it doesn't care.  It would be nice if I could have it move the component to where it actually should be on the sheet.  It would be nice if I could position a component like "Move" and then it asks for the sheet location "M5" and then it calculates the position and moves the component there for me.  Currently if I want to do this, it would require a TON of work as I cannot always see the numbers and letters on the sheet. 3) I also have the problem where the wires don't move with the component.  Typically if I'm moving them left or right.  For example, if I'm dragging the component to the right the wires on the right side will overlap the component.  So what I have to do, is move all the wires by hand first, then move the component. I can provide a video of the issues if that would help.
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
"I can provide a video of the issues if that would help." It would.
andyfierman 1 year ago
If I understand your post correctly, you are talking about placing and moving symbols and the wires connecting them in a schematic sheet. In which case: Until you have got the components and their connectivity extracted from the original PCB, you would be better to use netlabels to connect between the pins of symbols in the schematic instead of wires. Then you can select a symbol and its netlabels and move them wherever you want without worrying about wires dragging or connecting in unexpected ways. Then when you have the symbols placed where you like in the schematic, you can join up the netlabels with wires if you wish. The nets are already connected by the netlabels but adding wires may help debug any connectivity mistakes as long as your schematic layout is well thought through. If you do add wires it would be as well to remove all but one netlabel per wire run and place that remaining one somewhere more convenient that right on a symbol pin. Use the Schematic Design Manager to help check the connectivity.
UserSupport 1 year ago
If you move the part by arrow key it will not connect with the wire
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice