You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Schematic vs Schematic Module
3201 6
archerserie 8 years ago
What is the difference between a Schematic and Schematic Module? I am interested as I have a project from Altium to import and they show up as multiple schematics....not sure if I need to combine them into a single large schematic or if it is ok to have several separate schematics. Thanks
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
EasyEDA handles multi-sheet schematics. Because nets can be connected by names as well as wires, two nets with the same netlabel will be connected even if they are on different schematic sheets. The thing to beware is that all component prefixes (reference designators) are unique across all sheets. I haven't had time to ply with the Schematic Module yet but the idea is to make it easier to create renewable blocks of circuitry. Note however that it is not a way of creating hierarchical blocks.
andyfierman 8 years ago
For more information, please see: **Modules** in: https://beta.easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/new.htm#What-is-new-in-the-V3-2-X
archerserie 8 years ago
Thank you !
Guest 7 years ago
Hi All, I have not tried using modules yet, but interested in doing so. I assume that a copy and paste will renumber the module internal reference designators (as stated above). As the current renumbering system does not recognize packaging constraints (properly) then it is not going to work with gated ICs such as the 7400, 7410 and 7420 etc. without manually editing each gate designator. For example (copying a 7410 and a 7400): U1.1, U1.2, U1.3 & U2.1, U2.2, U2.3, U2.4 will get copied to: U3.1, U3.2, U3.3 & U4.4, U4.2, U4.3, **U1.4** Note the last reference is U1.4 and not U4.4 Having to manually "post" edit all the designators would make using modules rather useless for gates!? Could I suggest modifying the auto gate numbering to understand the gate package constraint. That is a group such as U4.1-U4.4 should be renumbered as a group rather than individually. As package groups have a decimal notation this should not be a difficult fix. This bug is tolerable when manually digitizing schematics but not for bulk (as in module) copies. Regards AlanC
dillon 7 years ago
@AlanC For sub part compoents, the prefix is a problem. some time need to fix. What about we make it as U?.1 ? ----------
Guest 7 years ago
Hi Dillon, Agreed, less problem editing **U?.1** and the Design Manager will flag an error so I will find it. AlanC
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice