You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Screen printing over HASL/ENIG
1632 4
hancat 5 years ago
Hello, I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched the forum and could not find the same question. Can JLBPCB print silk screen over exposed ENIG or HASL areas? I have a board design that calls for this and when viewed on EasyEDA the silk screen is not shown. I have drawn shapes in the TopSolderMask layer. Am I correct in understanding that where these shapes exist on that layer the solder resist will not be added?
Comments
dillon 5 years ago
Can you share some images to here, I Cant understand you. Or you can send email to [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com)
andyfierman 5 years ago
@hancat. "Am I correct in understanding that where these shapes exist on that layer the solder resist will not be added?" That is correct. You can check this by inspecting the Gerbers. Why not try it on a simple test PCB design? Normally Silkscreen would be removed over pads and other exposed copper. You should contact JLCPCB support to ask if they can not remove silkscreen over exposed copper in certain areas.
hancat 5 years ago
Hello thank you for your reply. A shape on TopSolderMaskLayer will be exposed metal? I would like to have exposed ENIG. I would like to have Silk printing on top of the ENIG surface. Can JLBPCB print Silk on ENIG or HASL? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/pgKuM6lg0MgwxXSHeFa3q1kUn3JoDh2dnJYh64jI.png) The built in gerber viewer did not display correctly. Perhaps because I have two custom-shape holes on the outline layer. --- I am not sure if this is a limitation of EasyEDA or JLBPCB?
andyfierman 5 years ago
I assumed that you would have chosen a finish so the exposed copper would have whatever finish you selected. Try gerbv, the Free and Open Source Gerber Viewer. For the rest, contacting support at JLCPCB would be the best way to go.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice