You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Seeking efficient way to create T junctions and spurs with fillets
310 2
Nick Lindridge 6 months ago
I'm wondering as to what the best workflow is for creating T junctions and spurs with fillets. The teardrop tool doesn't handle this, and neither does the alternative extension for creating teardrops. So something like these. The second is a bodge but just to illustrate one solution for all > 90 degree angles. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/pYWE2eahqpEiXySCKsUDGipNTeswqtp5M3f8ZYD2.png)  ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/bXSzFYWsdyGyLZe8AuC3tKlPNZUhTwi5yE5vHOLD.png) With the first I created a triangle and copy paste that, but it's a pain to align perfectly, and the alignment tools don't really help because they don't appear to follow the convention of the first selected item being the anchor. At least, in the first case, whether I selected the track first or the triangle, doing a vertical centers alignment shifted the track and not the triangle region. So I had to turn off snap and nudge it. Some argue that right angles really aren't an issue any more, though aesthetically it's nicer to have fillets and buys some safety just in case. Is there any better, preferably automatic, way than manual triangles, copy paste and shunting them around until they look "good enough".
Comments
andyfierman 6 months ago
"Is there any better, preferably automatic, way than manual triangles, copy paste and shunting them around until they look "good enough"." Not in EasyEDA Std and I  don't think there is in EasyEDA Pro. "Some argue that right angles really aren't an issue any more, though aesthetically it's nicer to have fillets and buys some safety just in case." Non-right angled junctions are bad practice as they can form etchant traps but what is the argument for adding fillets to right angled junctions? What is the "safety" issue?
Nick Lindridge 6 months ago
To be more precise, non-right angled are bad practice if less than 90 degrees. Greater is fine, and 90 degrees should be too, but I've read claims that being an acid trap can still be an issue from lower quality manufacturers like it used to be more widely a few decades ago, essentially being dependent on the quality of the etchant. Even if not actually being important, it would be nice for aesthetic reasons at the very least, though bumping up the trace width a tad should also be more than adequate I suppose.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice