You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Serious bug when copying objects
290 4
Milek Smyk 1 year ago
Normally, when you are copying&pasting objects, EasyEDA initially shows the newly pasted copy with the same designator as the original object, and then - after a brief pause - updates the designator to something that is not currently in use. This is slow and irritating, but at least it works. However\, if during that pause you press "w" to start wiring\, the copy object immediately disappears\. What's worse\, from this moment on the copy renaming mechanism stops working and all newly pasted objects will retain their original designators\. Should you now try to update the PCB\, \_original\_ objects will get modified with new connections and MOVE AROUND\, making a mess of your existing layout\. And if you think that maybe you will get some help from component panel on the left \- tough luck \- it is now dead\, too\. The only way to get out of this situation is to reload the project, but if you saved it before - it's backup restore time. Now, this bug has been in EasyEDA Pro for months. I bumped into it repeatedly, but always was too busy to write up the report, thinking that it is so obvious and easy to trigger that surely the developers and/or testers will find and fix it soon. Today I lost an hour of work because of it and frankly I am no longer confident that even basic issues will ever get resolved in EasyEDA Pro. Guys, can you PLEASE hire real testers? It is clear that your current QA process is inadequate for the software of this complexity. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dsup8lALWQFfuiLsYoSsxzqjbTIHbryP9HyHn2hw.png) <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>
Comments
UserSupport 1 year ago
Can you repeat it at new project? I can't repeat it and have you disable this option? ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5d8xAU2mh6EDY3PzXcBqDyHM6tzjzCCn34hzgpwe.png)
Milek Smyk 1 year ago
First, I have the "Annotate designator automatically" enabled, since it was enabled by default. Two, the pause before automatic annotation depends on how many components you have in the project - if you have just one or two, you have to be pretty quick pressing "w", but I managed it on the first try - just click to put the component down and immediately press "w". When the bug occurs, the following message appears in the console: Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: e.targets is not iterable     at lD (sch.js:formatted:150808:35)     at async H6 (sch.js:533:70765)     at async HTMLDocument.Wp (sch.js:533:66459) lD @ sch.js:formatted:150808
UserSupport 1 year ago
got it we will fix this issue at v1.9 thanks
Milek Smyk 1 year ago
Ok, thanks! How about the configuration option? If I turn it off, will components always be automatically renumbered when updating the PCB?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice