You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Shared project : Ground plane inconsistency, save flag and DRC miss
580 7
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello, I got a big issue on my current project today, It's a shared project, my partner and I dont see the exact same project, the ground plane is not sync. When rebuild ground plane, the PCB tab is not marked as "*" (need to save). Also DRC dont catch the bridge and my real PCB goes to trash :( **What my partner see :** ![Image1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/91JUDj6KqmFEAu10kOwKWu3tNKDv2lZlwxetBKrk.png) ## What I see ![Image2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Gz8VDo0WwOvuidUlrJ0m4URRnERjHKxQ5wxNqjCF.png) As you see U7\_7 is short circuit to ground plane\. I dont know why project is not sync only on ground plane\.\.\.I dont know why DRC dont catch this \(Gound plane NET is GND\, whyt DRC let connect to U7\_7\)\.\.\. I always check my file before production, I always rebuild ground plane before production and I always check DRC before production, I dont understand how this can append. The desync disturbing me This scarry me !
Comments
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hum...I dont understand why the "Check Object to Copper Area" checkbox is not checked by default...
rom1nux 5 years ago
## This checkbox: ![Image3.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/w5ESQjiBh7Abm1htQ2RaHhitysE3UBqW2kr0v4I9.png)
rom1nux 5 years ago
# NO MODIFICATION DETECT WHEN REBUILD COPPER AREA 1. Create a PCB like that with one track and copper area ![Image7.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/eZt9eb3F2tBEOz1dTpmSMizjVeqF81xt7bNd62l2.png) 2. Save the file 3. Move the track (As you see DRC dont detect copper are colision, you need to check the "Check Object Copper Area" in DCR config ![Image2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/9blEGpESeAaYhEHtHRXq01TXNbGuQoGer83fj50o.png) 4. Save the file with the colision 5. Rebuild copper area, No modification is detected, no "*" on tab so you think modification are already saved ![Image5.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/NFVJ3ATKFx55dyoqi4O2WvXOrwA7giSrDYVNkVBE.png) 6. Dont save, close the tab (No warning on not saved PCB) 7. Reopen the PCB, the error is still here
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi That's because of your PCB haven't rebuld the copper area before share, then you will see the track overlap the copper. and your partner can't see this, because the PCB will rebuild the copper area if it is opening at first time. the new PCB doesn't enable the "Check Object to Copper Area ", that needs enable manually. and for step4 and step5, I can't repeat it, the (*) mark is working. can you repeat it again?
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello @UserSupport, Many thanks for your return. > "...That's because of your PCB haven't rebuld the copper area before share,..." I can guarantee project is transferred to team just after the empty project is created... and even though why it's not synced with error or not ? > "...the new PCB doesn't enable the "Check Object to Copper Area..." Ok now I see, but from my point of view, I see ground plane like a kind of "track" and I think by default the DCR must do "All check" or "Nothing"... Actually default DCR config behave like "half checker"... I wonder in wich case someone who didn't want to check copper area short circuit ? > "...and for step4 and step5, I can't repeat it, the (*) mark is working...." Ok I will retry and let you known
rom1nux 5 years ago
Ok @UserSupport, I can confirm the (*) bug, try under [https://easyeda.com/rom1nux/shared](https://easyeda.com/rom1nux/shared) (PCB : UserSupport_CopperArea), you are developer on this project 1. Open the PCB, the CopperArea will be recreated (I don't understand why it's not truly synced "in the state" but it's another debate) 2. Move the track and save the file, close it and reopen it, you will get something like that ![Image1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/jH6B5RL0Q0Kl4MqEllp81OpMbzyyV7f3AMlcBfcA.png) 3. Just rebuild the copper area ![Image4.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/QP3vjwqet9pkAW6EF5RM9NfjDspao3zyhT6757N9.png) You can see copper area is well reconstructed but change in file is not detected, (no "*") you can close file without warning, etc... Thanks for your support
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi I still can not repeat the (no *) issue. can you try close the browser and remove the cache and try again? for the copper area issue "(I don't understand why it's not truly synced "in the state" but it's another debate)" that is because of the copper area fill data is saved at the local store, which is name as IndexedDB,  [https://w3c.github.io/IndexedDB/](https://w3c.github.io/IndexedDB/) the PCB file only save the copper area outline data, when your team member open the PCB at the first time, the editor will rebuild the copper area automatically, and save the copper area fill data to IndexedDB(browser local storage), and when open this PCB again, the copper area fill data will be reading from IndexedDB. That means your copper area fill data doesn't macth your member's copper area fill data if you don't rebuild it and save, even they are the same one PCB file. Why IndexedDB?  at v5.9, for resolve the big file can not be saved at the server, we change the PCB fill data to local IndexedDB. A PCB's copper area fill data is very large, that cause a lot storage, and if the file is too big it will not allow to save to the server. example: v5.7 with copper fill data: need to save 11MB to server ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/oj2lCTmg9zUdhAIm7vEqL7U3qagVYJpMNX7qTF0M.png) v5.9 no fill data, using IndexedDB: the same file, only need to save 1.5MB to the server. ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ny9Oett9RmDBnZNHTqOA8XF5SKi5z2G1M7n1iXgF.png) and the other way, when the fill data reading from local that will fast than from the server. Sorry for the confuse,  I hope you can understand. thank you :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice