You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Size errors with standard footprints
2618 21
gerald.monroe 7 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: The "Inductor-1206" package is the wrong size (way bigger than it should be). The R1206 and the C1206 are not the same size - the actual definition for these footprints says they are the same. Steps to reproduce bug: 1. Place a capacitor and a resistor down. Choose R1206 and C1206 for each one. 2. See, different sizes. Good luck getting parts to fit. 3. Results: Expected results: Browser:
Comments
dillon 7 years ago
Thanks for your report, fix it is easy, but which size is better, or both are not good enough
I am frankly not sure. All I know is that I made a board with "Inductor-1206" and I got a gigantic pad that wouldn't fit the part I ordered. Managed to make the board work with some messy soldering, however.
bungo 7 years ago
Additionally, C1206 is wider than C1210, I suspect they are the wrong way around. Regards Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
Actually, C1210 also apears the same width as C0805.
Thanks for the replies Bungo, for my next design I'm using 0805 inductors just be on the safe side. I found out that the Sparkfun library for Eagle seems to contain the same error. I was under the impression that 1206 inductors, resistors, and capacitors were all the same size, since the label "1206" actually refers to the parts physical dimensions.
dillon 7 years ago
@Bungo @Gerald.Monroe That packaged maybe come from sparkfun, we will check them again.
@dillon Speaking of, I tried Eagle. It's awful. Your stuff is far better. Eagle requires at least double the number of clicks/user interactions to do the same task, and it has an immense amount of badly designed menus and choices, and it forces you to go through an arcane procedure to even get a board to work. Examples : you can't just safely export to an industry standard gerber, you have to load a script file. There are 50 something layers shown for the simplest board. It does not tell you what the board dimensions are. And so on. Even Altium seems to require more work to do a basic board, albeit of course it is probably better if you spend a year or so learning it, can afford the 10k license, and are working on very large designs.
dillon 7 years ago
Hi, @Gerald.Monroe Thanks for this. We have spend lots of time on this tool, next step we will focus on the components and package.
@dillon Just a suggestion. I don't know how practical it would be to do this, but _ideally_, you'd track how often a given package/component combo in your library was used. Track gerber downloads and people ordering boards, and then increment a counter for "uses" for the packages and components that are in your database for those parts. Then, when you search a part, sort by how often it was used. This would, over time, tend to make the footprints and parts that actually work come up more often in a search than ones that don't work or were just made from the datasheet and never tested. Sort of like the idea behind how google doesn't just sort by search terms, it sorts documents based on how often someone else bothered to link to that document. (like any scheme, both google and this proposed scheme can be gamed, but it's a ton better than nothing)
support 7 years ago
@Bungo @Gerald.Monroe Now R1206 = C1206 we swap C1206 , C1210 size. Thanks.
bungo 7 years ago
Also, TANT_D and TANT_E are the same size (TANT_E is incorrect I think). Cheers and thanks. Braedon
dillon 7 years ago
@Bungo thanks.
support 7 years ago
Hi, @Bungo can you show where is error for TANT_E? This is very important for us.
bungo 7 years ago
https://easyeda.com/bungo/Arduino_Shield_Workbench_Tools-weAWiOHZv In the "Test Enclosure Boards" PCB and associated Schematic. Please excuse the layout, it's still very raw and unrefined at the moment.
martin 7 years ago
@dillon Push and shove! ;-)
dillon 7 years ago
Hi, @Bungo The Pakcage TANT_E and TANT_D are the same. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20160504/57295d4c7cce2.png
dillon 7 years ago
@Martin >Push and shove! ;-) Two years ago, you told you want to help EasyEDA and do some contributes? I am waiting for this. you can help us to create a better UI and help us to find some about Push and shove. The team is supper busy.
bungo 7 years ago
TANT_D "H" column (5th column) is 2.90, and TANT_E "H" Column is 4.10 (??). The part outline should be bigger on the silk layer, even if the pad size is the same so as you don't put them too close together. Cheers Braedon
dillon 7 years ago
Hi, @Bungo, this just on the Vertical space, should not be a problem. But I do not use this Package, hope I am right
bungo 7 years ago
Ah yes, sorry, spatially disoriented there. No problem. Thanks.
martin 7 years ago
@dillon Is there a repo I can take a look at? I wouldn't know where to begin for such a thing as push & shove in an unknown codebase.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice