You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Slow PCB layout
670 3
joesbox 3 years ago
PCB layout for my project is extremely slow. I have tried the desktop client, various browsers and different computers. My project has 140+ components and 200+ nets. I read that a new version may be on the way to address performance issues. Is there anything in development which is due to be released soon? It is getting to the stage where I am considering moving to another product since my projects are growing in size and complexity. Thanks
Comments
joesbox 3 years ago
FYI: I found the main bottleneck with this was the "Rebuild Plane Automatically" option in Setting -> System Settings. This project is a 4 layer board with 15 separate copper areas. A couple of observations: 1. Even with this option enabled, the copper areas do not automatically rebuild when a component is moved. 2. The interface slows down dramatically as soon as you start moving a component. I suspect that processing the changes in the copper areas is occurring _during_ the movement of the component, possibly creating a race condition. I believe the calculation of changes in the copper areas should occur _after_ the component placement has finished, I.e. when the mouse button has been released.
chanov 2 years ago
@joesbox Thank you! My problem go away )
cjohnson 2 years ago
@joesbox Part of this issue is actually the realtime DRC checking. When you move a component it is rechecking DRC errors continuously. If you go under design rule -> uncheck Realtime DRC the performance when moving parts should be better.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice