You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Snap to Millimeters often fails
724 10
MikeDB 5 years ago
Previous PCBs I've designed using EasyEDA have used a 100mil based grid with 25mil snap and it works fine.  However current PCB is all SMD so I'm using a 1mm grid with a 0.5mm smap.  This usually works but sometimes, especially when moving vias, the via offsets left or right a little and it takes several attempts to get it in the correct place, usually involving zooming in a lot. Also when moving components I often find them centred on xx.04 mm or xx.96 mm, which suggests something is possibly still working in mils.  Only way to fix this once they are wrong seems to be to type in the correct co-ordinates in the right hand side window.
Comments
martin 5 years ago
+1, this has been painful. It can easily be seen by moving a part, then moving it again. It snaps to two different positions.
MikeDB 5 years ago
Yes - one each side of where you actually want it !!   Only by zooming in does it go away (usually)
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi Can you help to capture a video? Thanks
martin 5 years ago
I have a capture. Should I send it by email?
UserSupport 5 years ago
Yes, please, or you can upload at Youtube etc.
UserSupport 5 years ago
support@easyeda.com
martin 5 years ago
...or maybe this gif conversion will work: ![snap.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qMBobtcYhDgiEC4kz2KXZTuCRE4eqvUF7UY7AkXQ.gif)
martin 5 years ago
In the above image, snap == grid at 1mm.
MikeDB 5 years ago
Yes that's exactly what I see as well. Also yesterday I set a track to 0.25mm and when I checked it, it was 0.254mm !!    The engine is obviously still using mils somewhere and converting back
UserSupport 5 years ago
Got it , we will check it out!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice