You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
So confused about multiple layouts in a PCB design
885 3
namke 3 years ago
Firstly, I've had some success with this previously, but my last order wasn't quite as straightforward. I'm doing layouts where the I want to split a PCB in two — one part has components, the other is a 'front panel' (board outline gets translated to a V-Cut): ![Split PCB](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/rxy80MgiCaXZXcXGYePSIZd1wEOQqGXDxVPOZSyH.png) For the first pair of orders, this worked fine, but in the last order the V-Cut down the middle, between the two parts, was slightly offset meaning that the front panel was slightly compromised! Is there a better way of doing this? I don't know if there's a way of separating the designs and using a edge strip, or should I just make two separate orders - panels and pcbs? I have also been ordering this as a user-defined panel ( 2 designs) — do I need to do this or does my example actually count as a single design? Thanks!
Comments
namke 3 years ago
That was a bit of late night desperation. Let's see if I can rephrase the question: If I look at the 'panelization' options, they are all focused on repeating a single board multiple times. When I've experimented with this, there have been gaps added between each board (with tabs/mouse bites etc.). I would like to replicate the tabs/mouse-bites approach, but using two designs like the picture above (whilst the boards can be split, the proximity of the slot in the right hand board means that there is a weak point prone to breaking unless I use a knife to deepen the V-cut. If I sent a PCB design like this (shaped like a 'H'), how many designs should I declare in the JLCPCB order form? 1, 2 or 3? And is this classed as 'panelized by user'? ![H-shape.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/DpiqtzbAzXGYp28pv7QDC8eG3kcZDjbLDWNHS5YV.png) Obviously this PCB is slightly wider than the pair in my original post, but it would be massively easier to split! I've taken the original approach on 3 designs, and it's only the third one where I've had an issue with separating the boards… the Any advice gratefully received! I'm sure I'm not the only person doing this.
Clickau 3 years ago
Hello, I want to do something similar, but I don't understand how you divided the PCB in two. Did you just make a rectangle twice the size of one PCB and then added a line in the middle on the board outline layer? And did you manage to find a better solution to make it easier to split? Thanks.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
I'd actually go with two separate PCBs. I've also done projects where I used a PCB as a frontpanel and I've always used separate PCBs. Some benefits: * clean and precise routed edges on all sides of the pcb * ability to use different solder-mask color / pcb thickness * easier (re)order of new circuit panels without frontpanel (or vice versa) And except from maybe a slightly bigger price, I don't see a downside at all. Btw: I've seen you have an LED on your PCB shining through the frontpanel substrate. You could add solid copper fill on your bottom layer of the frontpanel and just exclude the spot above the LED. I'd also remove soldermask there. This makes the LED more visible and would give it a sharper outline.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice