You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
So long, farewell
347 6
martin 1 year ago
In 2014, when EasyEDA was featured on EEVBlog 606, I became an early adopter. I was grateful for the ease with which you could create schematics and transform those into PCBs. There were a few quirks, but it was leagues ahead of Eagle. Things improved, features were added. Unfortunately, "checkbox" features were chosen instead of addressing the hordes of niggling issues. Building out a board is so annoying even today, with frankly bad UI choices like floating windows, canvas properties spread around, not always there when you need them (snap on/off, snap distance, grid size, the list goes on). Laying tracks and aligning parts is just painful, and I find myself fighting the software, rather than use it. There are so many workarounds needed that it has become almost as frustrating as Eagle was back in the day. Here's a quote from Dillon on the EEVBlog forum: > <span class="colour" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">_We are sure we have checked KiCad, it is good enough. But it is hard to use._</span> Well, I've just downloaded KiCad 7. I'm sorry to say that it is MUCH easier to use than EasyEDA. I recreated one of my boards in half a day, and it is BETTER than what I could do with EasyEDA without running out of patience. It might look a bit intimidating at first glance, but the software works FOR you. Creating professional looking schematics and boards is so much more pleasant and efficient. Of course, no one should care about a single user's opinion, and really, no one has forced me to use this FREE piece of software, but I am still hopeful that EasyEDA team members will one day pay attention to UX details. Until then, I wish you the best. <br> <br>
Comments
MikeDB 1 year ago
I tend to agree with you.  EasyEDA used to be easy to use, but I've just come back to do a new PCB (I only do a few per year) and now find the schematic labels on existing schematics jumping all over the place when edited.  I set them to \<start> or \<end> but they just reset to their original setting soon after.  It's definitely broken in many places, even those that used to work perfectly. Conversely Kicad is still bug ridden as well - version 6 didn't last long and is already out of support so you have to use the latest builds.  Also be aware using their DRC - a PCB that passes Kicad imported into EasyEDA can fail, and I think JLCPCB would rightfully say that the EasyEDA results are the ones valid for using their PCB process.
martin 1 year ago
Hey MikeDB- thanks for the heads up. I'll double check DRC. Despite the bugs in KiCad, I find it's a more serious foundation for a professional EDA and (as I was back in the day for EasyEDA, call me naive!), I am hopeful that these will eventually be ironed out. KiCad behaves how you expect it to. What it comes down to is EasyEDA has become annoying to use. I don't think the devs actually design boards with it -- or they use the autorouter, I dunno...
UserSupport 1 year ago
Hi can you try our Pro edition? the Std will be no more big upgrade in the future, we are keep the attention to Pro edition now, we known it is not good enough now, we will improve it one step by step, and it will proive more features than Std, the snap feature is powerful than Std now, the snap distance will be supported at v2.1 and so on
UserSupport 1 year ago
edition comparasion [https://prodocs.easyeda.com/en/introduction/introduction/index.html](https://prodocs.easyeda.com/en/introduction/introduction/index.html)
dillon 1 year ago
@martin @mikedb   Thanks . We are sure we will make EasyEDA better and easier.     At present, too many new coders just join EasyEDA dev team.  and we need some time.
MikeDB 1 year ago
@usersupport Last time I looked, Pro edition still does not support schematic or layout modules, so for products we design needing them I have to rent a professional tool.  Do you have these yet ?  Until you do I cannot justify paying for the tool as well as renting another PCB tool when needed.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice