You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Solder jumpers don't render correctly on screen
390 12
noeld 2 years ago
Hello Everyone, When I place one of the **System's Solder Jumpers** (e.g.: **SJ_2S-NO**) in the **Schematic Editor**, it is not rendered correctly: the two pads overlap and don't have the expected half-circle shape. The same behavior happens in **Footprint Manager** or if I clone the part from **Library**. On another hand, the solder jumpers are correctly rendered in **Library** or when I export the schematics to PDF. Do you have an idea what's wrong or how to fix this issue? Thanks, Bad rendering in **Schematic Editor**, **Footprint Manager** and in **Symbol Editor** after cloning: ![SJ_2S-NO rendering in Schematic Editor](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/WlPnPAr8JCO3xfd5d7ypjYTjKtJHMaMPq6rqsc8K.png) ![SJ_2S-NO rendering in Footprint Manager](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/oqadxMZM5ENa4Hna9qgfGNsTWWL49RouMPDgGh4O.png) ![SJ_2S-NO rendering in Symbol Editor](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TPC14jyyieJlMzVrYjsLJfuqLrJ7GKPSEPrBKkIn.png) Good rendering in **Library**: ![SJ_2S-NO rendering in Library](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/keSneaK1uPXmpiDNTbXkB74mjEcPPlZ5PJcA5Esh.png) Almost good rendering in exported PDF: ![SJ_2S-NO rendering in exported PDF](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/QPAWntI465C8LFRRzwLLnct8C6LKu6DEKnIbwaQP.png) <br> <br> <br> <br>
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
@UserSupport, I can confirm this for at least two versions: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/J8DROOwK1zkyKX0jiumZ8HG1nl12wReuwJ7YTk2n.png)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@noeld, Can you change the Category of this topic to Bug Report please?
noeld 2 years ago
@andyfierman, Thanks for looking into this issue. I am new to this forum so I hope that I've correctly changed the category.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@noeld, Category correctly changed thanks.
UserSupport 2 years ago
please change the arc stroke width as 1, and then set the fill color at symbol editor
noeld 2 years ago
@UserSupport, I did try to do these changes in the **Symbol Editor** but this still does not give the expected rendering. The arcs possibly need to be enlarged but they are not fully filled. ![Modified symbol](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/vcD7Fg9khFCpYNZv7Ey6V8VihSld4RYa98jky1so.png)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@UserSupport, "please change the arc stroke width as 1, and then set the fill color at symbol editor" I don't think that is the correct solution because these are not symbols drawn by the user directly in the schematic nor are they User Contributed symbols: this is how these symbols are drawn in the System Library. ![image.png](https://image.easyeda.com/pullimage/J8DROOwK1zkyKX0jiumZ8HG1nl12wReuwJ7YTk2n.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Fg95ubLQ2fhIlQ36vuTW9CJk8aZTafZt7AmbK5Ih.png) I assume that this is how they were drawn when they were first created and added to the System Library. So either: 1. They are incorrectly drawn in the System Library or; 2. Something has changed in the way they are rendered between one version of EasyEDA or another. If they are incorrectly drawn (1) then this should be subject to an error report to correct them. If something has changed in how they are rendered (2) then this is a genuine Bug Report. <br> <br>
UserSupport 2 years ago
The symbol preview looks incorrect even it looks expected 1, set the stroke width as 1 2, set the stroke color as None then you will get expected symbol ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/EaDdKIaMYby4jMoaNioiRjktHpNjPYEiWKwu65yf.png)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@UserSupport, Sorry but I do not understand your example. If I place the SOLDERJUMPERNO symbol from the System Library into a schematic, you can see that the preview looks OK but the symbol is wrong when it is placed in a schematic: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/lrLPHZuB11GbO7enT8uAjI4MZzqUl4zHrPj3tEF9.png) This is the SOLDERJUMPERNO Symbol in the Symbol Editor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wZI4mjRjz4YOumgJxSNUEhHKuCP7LBzmPhTmWfcl.png) You can see here that is looks the same as when placed into a schematic. Note the Stroke colour (#8D2323) and width (5) and also the Fill colour (none). If I clone this symbol from the System Library and follow your instructions to: 1. set the stroke width as 1 2. set the stroke color as None then this is what it looks like in the Symbol Editor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ReK2SNpOlTkz7LXUbCm1MidgqNvWdDanTH9NOx8A.png) Note the Stroke colour (none) and width (1) and also the Fill colour (none). And this is what it looks like in the Library search and when it is placed into a schematic: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/iDcY3nsCU5NpHUeXW36PKAAIJoVoO55QPocgIWV5.png) I do not understand: 1. how the changes you suggest result in the image that you show in you post above; 2. why you suggest that these changes are made by the user when the problem is with symbols in the System Library to which the user has no access to change;  3. surely the symbols need to be corrected by someone with access to the System Library? <br> <br>
andyfierman 2 years ago
@UserSupport, This is my fixed version of SOLDERJUMPERNO: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/fseiFSxD8QDrD41EMg3TZnE9V4JDfdRzu18ntGdb.png) which looks OK in the Library Preview and also when placed in a schematic: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/mgnwLdluFyP6WUR6Klkb6ReNTX9FKW42U9f4xQs7.png) Please study this symbol carefully to see exactly how it is constructed and then copy it in to the system Library to replace the broken symbols. [https://easyeda.com/editor#id=!3f30419b5c264344a6fa73660070f7e2](https://easyeda.com/editor#id=!3f30419b5c264344a6fa73660070f7e2)<br> <br> Questions? Just ask! :) Thanks, Andy.
noeld 2 years ago
@andyfierman, Thanks Andy for your support. I've got the exact same experience as you have. Your fixed version looks as I initially expected the symbol to look in the schematics. Hopefully the library will get fixed otherwise I will have to use your version of the symbol. Thanks,  Noël
andyfierman 2 years ago
@noeld, No harm in just pressing ahead using mine rather than waiting for the system library to catch up. I have only changed the symbol: the Footprint is unchanged
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice