You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Spltting schematic into more than one sheet.
473 11
Bob11746 2 years ago
I've been having much trouble with the PCB forward anytime I edit the schematic.  Any change at all rips up the part from the PCB throwing it outside the board outline. The next issue in this area is the splitting of schematics.  I searched the forums for an answer but the only one I found did not help.  I made a brand hew schematic, with two connectors and 11 resistors in a cascade pi arrangement,  with a pair of matching net labels approximately in the middle.  I did a PCB forward, and laid out all the components.  I then went back tot he schematic and cut and pasted the right half ( 1net label, 5 resistors & connector) onto the second page.  I then did another PCB forward and it lost all of the nets.  The nets were removed and then added.  See below.  In my more complicated schematics, it not only changed nets, but threw a whole bunch of parts outside the board outline.  What is the correct procedure for splitting a schematic into two or more sheets? This ripping up of parts also extend to library updates.  Unless I change the unique identifier by completely replacing the part, it should not move or rip up nets.  I should be able to suck a part into the library and then change the value and push it back into the schematic without ripping a part up.  It makes it difficult to update parts without messing up the PCB end. Bob ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JRP4oc6lWF0G8ZemFyN2bhgDkz6QoaWCvLJEhHKN.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wD1FIKzLfLHv032qmovCTvFg2ULqB67VB3oTPRi6.png)
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
One question at a time: "I've been having much trouble with the PCB forward anytime I edit the schematic.  Any change at all rips up the part from the PCB throwing it outside the board outline." Do Reset Component ID in both the Schematic and the PCB. [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-solve-PCB-components-removed-and-added-after-Import-Changes-or-Update-PCB-9dbbeabbfdfa401986fa1d03b2316245](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-solve-PCB-components-removed-and-added-after-Import-Changes-or-Update-PCB-9dbbeabbfdfa401986fa1d03b2316245)<br> <br> [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Reset-Component-ID/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Reset-Component-ID/index.html)<br> <br>
andyfierman 2 years ago
"What is the correct procedure for splitting a schematic into two or more sheets?" Two rules: 1. Connections between sheets must have matching netlabels or net flags. 2. Symbols must not have duplicate prefixes across the sheets so there must be only one instance or R1 or U3.2. If you are in the process of creating a schematic and need to add another sheet  because there's not enough room on the first sheet the just add symbols and wires with netlabels or flags to the new sheet. If as in your screenshot above you want to move part of an existing schematic to a new sheet then the selected symbols, wires, netlabels, net flags, test etc. must be Cut (CTRL+X) and Pasted (CTRL+V) into the new sheet. You may also need to do Reset Component ID.
andyfierman 2 years ago
"I should be able to suck a part into the library and then change the value and push it back into the schematic without ripping a part up." That is only true if the old and new parts have: 1. The same Footprint;  2. The same symbol pin to Footprint pad ordering;  3. The same symbol pin to Footprint pad numbering. If any one of those is different then the new Footprint pulled into the PCB by the new symbol in the schematic will not fit or connect to the routing of the original. Hence you need to reposition and reroute the replacement part so placing it outside the board outline is a non-issue. Again Reset Component ID may be required after the change.
Bob11746 2 years ago
Andy, Does the same footprint include the physical boxes around the pins and pads?  Sometimes you may want to change the physical outline slightly, and in my experience, this rips up the part. Bob
Bob11746 2 years ago
Andy, This does not always work as you say, as you can see by the change page above.  Again, I carefully did a cut-paste operation.  Sometimes it works the second time around. Bob
Bob11746 2 years ago
I'm sorry, but this procedure is not clear to me.  Do you have a step by step example?  If I do a cut paste, how do I know I need to reset the ids before I import changes?  Do I look at the change sheet and then cancel the operation?
Bob11746 2 years ago
Andy, I did it again.  I split the parts on my second page to make a third.  All I need to do was and a pair of net labels.  I cut then pasted on to the third shet.  Saved then went to the PCB.  The PCB was previously autorouted and saved.  I did an import and this is what I got below:    And this is a really simple schematic! Bob ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Zuph6FCFZR4fsRbnYDZqHVrXurLTscQZRcF417dE.png)
Bob11746 2 years ago
Update:  I reversed up everything above, and then I did a reset component ID on the schematic and saved.  Then I went to the PCB and did a reset and saved. Then I imported.  Still show net changes. Bob
andyfierman 2 years ago
So far I have not been able to reproduce the issue you describe. Your project is private so only you can see it. Please make your demonstrates project public and podtvtge url to the project on oshwlab.com back here.
andyfierman 2 years ago
"...your **demonstration** project...
andyfierman 2 years ago
Or add me to your Team.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice