You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Squaer corners on wide tracks?
1303 4
thepigs 6 years ago
Hi, Really loving EasyEDA so far... Now I'm laying out the PCB and I want a wide track for mains power. You can see in the attached image that a square end for the wide track would be better. Is there any way to achieve this? The best way I can think of is have a thin track and overlay with a copper area - however this is not really a track... ![round tracks][1] [1]: /editor/20171124/5a17257c537d8.png
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
But that or using the`Solid Region` PCB tool is generally the way to do it.
andyfierman 6 years ago
If you want to end a wide track under a rectangular pad and not have any of the round pad protruding from the pad then here's a way to do it. Suppose you have a destination pad that is 100mil by 50mil and you want to route a wide track to the 100mil side. 1. Increase the track width to 100mil. 2. Route the 100mil track to the side of the pad you want to route to but do not snap it to the centre of the pad. 3. Reduce the track width to something like the 10mil default width. 4. Route a 10mil track from the centre of the destination pad to the snap point at the end of the 100mil track. **Always do step 4 because if you omit step 4 and then you move the pad, the pad will be disconnected from the track. By doing step 4, the thin track will be dragged with the pad to clearly show that it is still connected.** With high aspect ratio pads (e.g. 100mil by 10mil), you may have to play with the width of the wide track to avoid any waisting or necking where the wide track joins the pad. Using a series of short track segments of different widths, narrowing down as you approach the pad can work.
thepigs 6 years ago
Thanks Andy, that point about moving pads and dragging tracks is a good one. Speaking of moving pads / re-laying tracks, is it possible to get EasyEDA to go back into 'initial' track layout mode when moving tracks? It seems that you can only move tracks piece by piece after the initial layout. It would be EasyEDA if the track did the 45 degree auto-corner when moving an existing track.
andyfierman 6 years ago
`is it possible to get EasyEDA to go back into 'initial' track layout mode when moving tracks?` Good question. I don't know of a way to do this. Perhaps you would like to raise a Feature Request for this? :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice