You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
The new type of spatial auto-placement of components on new PCB
1548 7
I would very much like to be able to select the type of automatic placement of components when creating a new PCB. Components are now spatially grouped by type, which is often inconvenient. Spatial auto-placement of components on the board, as in the schematic, would be more convenient to work, because elements belonging to the same subsystems would be located side by side, and this would facilitate their manual placement. This is done in some CAD systems, and it is very convenient.
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
Already exists! [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Component-autoplacement-into-PCB-3f0f310db0d74a9bbf848953c4c8048d](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Component-autoplacement-into-PCB-3f0f310db0d74a9bbf848953c4c8048d) :)
Many thanks!!!
... and yet, a very inconvenient interface solution. The Cross-Probe-and-Place method will not work if the board is created, but the user has removed components from it. It turns out that you need to place the components on top of the existing ones using the Cross-Probe-and-Place method, which is illogical (the user does not know in advance that the existing components placed in a standard way (by type) will disappear after the Cross-Probe-and-Place operation). It would be much more logical to divide the "Convert to PCB" menu item into two items - "Standard" and "As in the scheme".
andyfierman 3 years ago
"The Cross-Probe-and-Place method will not work if the board is created, but the user has removed components from it." Removed components from the PCB or from the Schematic? If the user needs to remove components from the PCB they must be removed from the Schematic and then the PCB updated by doing Update PCB... or Import Changes... "...you need to place the components on top of the existing ones using the Cross-Probe-and-Place method..." Could you post some pictures or an animated gif to show this behaviour?
Removed components from the PCB, to clean up the place to insert components to PCB by Cross-Probe-and-Place method. This is not a problem, the components inserted by the Cross-Probe-and-Place method can be placed near to the existing ones, and after releasing the mouse button, the existing components disappear, and all OK. But this is a bad interface. I just suggested how to make the interface more clear and convenient.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Certainly there are things that can be improved in PCB placement. The recent suggestion from one of our users to develop an autoplacer and to combine that with the autorouter is interesting. But: "Removed components from the PCB..." The trouble is, that breaks the Design Flow. If you need to remove or change a Footprint or the connectivity in the PCB then it should be done by removing or changing it in the Schematic and then passing that change into the PCB using the Update PCB... or Import Changes... tools. Making changes directly in the PCB almost always causes problems.
I understand this, and I just don't edit the board, but always first the circuit, and then I update it. But here is the question of the intuitiveness of the interface - to get the desired result, the user must drop one array of components onto another. Yes, those others disappear with such an operation, but this mechanism looks a little strange. At the same time, I understand that there are more important tasks and unresolved problems. So just take it as an idea for improvement, optional.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice