You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Traces on bottom of board become invisible when placed
843 3
MarkEm 5 years ago
As a new user of Easy EDA I find it disconcerting when placing traces on the bottom layer of my board.  They disappear as I place them, so if I mess up the routing I won't know it until I exit the Trace mode.  Is there a way to make them visible at all times during the operation? This behavior seems inconsistent because traces on the top layer are visible at all times when they are placed. I have done NO customization to my working environment, this is the out-of-the-box behavior.  I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 on a Lenovo W530 and the Chromium internet browser. -Mark
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
Sorry but I don't understand the problem. Here's an animated GIF to illustrate normal track laying behaviour: ![Top_bottom_layer_traces.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zgSc8h30VKbl2uz8nebsXgBLq8YdCxdYvNeQ2Fa5.gif) If this is not what you are seeing please post an animated GIF to illustrate your behaviour. This animation was made using the free GIFcam tool for Windows but on Ubuntu you can install Peek to do the same job.
MarkEm 5 years ago
The problem appears to be due to the fact that I have a copper ground plane on the bottom layer -- I have lots of bypass capacitors so the ground plane makes routing 2-sided boards much easier.  Not surprisingly, the ground plane is drawn the same color as my circuit traces so they "disappear" -- until I rebuild the copper area.  Then all is well.
andyfierman 5 years ago
I think I understand. You don't see the bottom layer traces that run through the copper area until you rebuild the copper layer. Then they appear with clearances around them. When copper areas rebuild and if it should happen automatically or on demand is always a tricky problem because there are good reasons and, equally, disastrous consequences from doing it either way!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice