You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Trouble Making Connections
683 5
William Fenton 3 years ago
![wiring.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/aLiFPVHzIPDr8pUVUpo0TiWmhX5nPTV7iNtbkxT9.gif) Hi all, Very new to EasyEDA but am very excited about it.  I am having trouble building my schematic.  Sometimes the components connect to the wires and sometimes they don't.  I've searched tutorials and similar forum posts but cannot figure it out!  I'm hoping that it is something goofy that I am missing and would appreciate any help. Cheers, Bill
Comments
MrToM 3 years ago
The only way I could reproduce this is to have 'Snap' turned off. _ I'm guessing that you are using the Desktop Client as your post appears to be written using EasyEDA 6.4.14....try updating to the latest version, which at the time of writing is 6.4.17 _ One other thing to try is just connecting the two components together but without using the 'Wire' method. With reference to your example image, drag LED92 so that pin 4 (DIN) lines up vertically with pin 2 (DOUT) of LED91. Then drag it down so that the very ends, (the small circles), of both these pins overlay each other....**exactly**. (This is where 'Snap' comes into it's own) RELEASE the mouse button when the two are aligned. **This is an important step.** Now, click and drag LED92 again and move it, does the 'Wire' get drawn between the two pins? It should. If this works then it could be just an alignment issue, so try turning 'Snap' on. _ Failing an update and turning on Snapping I'm not really sure what else it could be. _ Personally I find no reason to turn Snapping off, nor change the default Grid size. I do change the 'Alt Snap' value, (to 1), purely because it makes no sense to have both 'Snap Size' and 'Alt Snap' the same default value of 5. _ You should notice that with Snapping turned on it's the ends of the pins that will snap to the grid points. _ Regards.
MrToM, Thanks so much.  I'm using this in Chrome and your idea about updating made me try logging out and reloading the page.  Things seem to work as expected now. Thanks. Bill
MrToM 3 years ago
No worries. Thanks for letting us know. _ Regards.
Markus_ee 3 years ago
Hi! I also recommend to use coarse grid and not a fine grid in schematic. These are the settings that I recommend: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/d6G8O71P07r1xRwl8p5VffEmzccExckPd0FDBV0X.png) Regards, Markus Virtanen HW / Electronics Designer
Thanks Markus, I will try those settings.  I was messing around with them when I was troubleshooting those connections.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice