You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
UNABLE TO ASSEMBLE AND ASSOCIATE FOOTPRINT W/TEST POINT
1025 23
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
Hello, I made a schematic symbol with pin connected in correct direction, the symbol would show up when updating the Power Supply circuit. However there was no net connecting it to PCB where I put the Test Points in the Schematic. I tried remaking the Test Point,I am unable to assemble the new footprint, as there is no 'assemble'/ 'disassemble' symbol in the tools menu. Project name:AC-DC POWER SUPPLY. Any thoughts? Thank you, Lisa D.
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Your project is private so only you can see it. Please make your project public and post the link to it.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Or you can share it privately with me at: (my username)@EasyEDA.com For help on sharing, search the Tutorial.
andyfierman 6 years ago
`there is no 'assemble'/ 'disassemble' symbol in the tools menu.` There is. It is the **Group/Ungroup** icon in the fitting rooms palette.
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
phydeauxmeister@gmail.com@EasyEDA.com Thank you again for help Andy. project: AC-DC 12Vdc POWER SUPPLY Lisa
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi Lisa, * Sorry but you seem to have only one public project and that is empty: https://easyeda.com/LISA_DALTON/New_Project-a9f615948c00456c835c788a441e7400 * You have sent me an email - with a confusingly different name and garbled email address - but you have not shared a project privately with me. For info on sharing please read: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/Share.htm#Sharing and: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Project_management_in_EasyEDA_V3_10_x_onwards-ciuQpnJVv
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
@EasyEDA.com@LISA_DALTON andyfierman@EasyEDA.com @andyfierman Hi Andy sorry about the screw-ups, I don't think working 18 hrs a day is helping with my brain power. I do however believe it has been made public now. The address you called garbled was probably my actual gmail address rather than my EDA address. -Lisa
andyfierman 6 years ago
OK, you've made two more (non-empty) projects public now but the next step is normally for you to post the url to the project here rather than leave it to poeple to go lokking and then try to figure out which of these two it is... https://easyeda.com/LISA_DALTON/New_Project-f929d29eb842409389b304a0f476d4d4 https://easyeda.com/LISA_DALTON/AC_INPUT_P_S_NEW_SOFTWARE_copy-2a48c9422f9545d9bac4488c7a29daad I assume it is the latter because that one has the test points added to the schematic. * Is that right?
andyfierman 6 years ago
The issue is deeper than just a problem with the test points. The basic problem is that if I try to convert your schematic to PCB then most of the PCB package assignments are incorrect: ![enter image description here][1] Rules of EasyEDA: 1. The Schematic is the master document; 2. If it's on - or forms an integral part of - the PCB then there **must** be a Schematic Symbol for it in the schematic; 3. If there's a Schematic Symbol for it in the schematic then that symbol **must** have a valid PCB package assigned to it. 4. If there's no Schematic Symbol available for a part then is easy enough to make your own by cloning and editing an existing symbol or by creating a new one from scratch. 5. If there's no PCB package available for a part then is easy enough to make your own by cloning and editing an existing PCB package or by creating a new one from scratch. To speed up your progress with this project, I urge you to read the linked documentation in: https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f [1]: /editor/20180102/5a4a86fa7bbbe.png
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
@LISA_DALTON I WILL read the document you left a link to, but I believe that maybe because we both ad the project open? You are seeing all these errors? I am aware of most of what you have told me, and have been assigning footprints to all schematic components. I have not gotten this long list of errors you showed. when transferring to PCB I had almost all components connected to footprints, and corrected those that were not quite right. I have successfully made both schem and PCB symbols, that connect with nets properly. So something else is going wrong here, as I understand the system better than what you have seen shows. I found some of my past issues were because I had more than 1 instance of Easy EDA open, also, because my computer needed a reboot fixed issues in past problems. I will personally go over what I have, rather than my assistant, and see what is going on. And yes you are correct the schem & PCB with the Test Points was the correct file. When I write back, I will make sure I include the file to go to. Sorry this is such a pain, believe me I don't enjoy wasting either of our time. -Craig.
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
@LISA_DALTON
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
Andy, For starters, there is only ONE project on my end to choose from that has been opened recently, and it has only 1 schematic and 1 PCB, so we are NOT seeing the same things! There should be no confusion on which project to look at, but I will include the link after my review on this end. please keep the project closed on your end until you see notification from me. Craig C.
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
andyfierman@EasyEDA.com OK, I TAKE IT BACK, When I started this morning there was 1 schem and 1 PCB file, as I have created no new ones, I am at a loss as to what happened. It's going to take me awhile to sort out this mess of multiple files, and I have made many part changes and added info to the project. I will have to combine all the changes to one file, of Scem And PCB. I will contact you as soon as I am sure everything is as correct as I know how to make it. Do you think that maybe us both working on this simultaneously could have caused the multiple files? (Lisa was not even here before the new files were created). Also I make sure it is only one of us at a time working on the file, just to prevent this issue.) -Craig and Lisa C-Squared Engineering
andyfierman 6 years ago
I think I understand what has happened. If you have either made a project public or shared it privately with read/write access for the sharers then any of the sharers can open a file, make their own edits *with no lock to prevent one sharer overwriting another's edits* and then save it. Hence, only the latest saved file will be what a new sharer will see if they open the file. * If you want to work on files collaboratively then you can use the **Team** function: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/WhatsNew.htm#Updated-Instructions > **What is new in the V4.1.1.X** > **Work as a team**
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
andyfierman@EasyEDA.com As I had written, we have a system to keep each other,(Lisa and I are the only ones with access to the files at EDA)from messing up the work the other has done. Also she was not even here when the new file magically appeared. I have been working on repairing all the changes that were made, because 'document recycle' shows no file to undelete. After re-booting my computer, I was finally able to find files in the 'crash recovery' area, however the newest file with all the current changes was not in document recycle, (as it was an accidental delete), or in crash recovery. Why this is, is an unknown to me. So I am continuing to redo all the work. I will make the files public again, so you may look at it if you wish. [file actively being worked on][1] https://easyeda.com/editor#id=312eea0dd4944faa89471bbc6e1da1a9|38b700659c894491ad76a607c84eb513|8cc3136fa92b40e39947de01f186babe -Craig [1]: https://easyeda.com/editor#id=312eea0dd4944faa89471bbc6e1da1a9%7C38b700659c894491ad76a607c84eb513%7C8cc3136fa92b40e39947de01f186babe
andyfierman 6 years ago
I think I can account for the missing packages errors I saw. If you have made a lot of packages yourselves then they will be in your `My Parts` library and will be accessible to anyone working on the files through the same account but if someone else wanted to convert your schematic to a PCB (as I did when I posted the the screenshot of the package errors above) then they would have to find and `Favorite` the packages from the main library. One point about your schematic as it stands: try to avoid joining more than one wire directly to a component pin or connecting one pin directly to another then adding a wire to that node. That can sometimes cause a join dot to be omitted so the device pin itself is left unconnected: Pin 3 of U2: ![enter image description here][1] Pin 3 of U3: ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20180102/5a4b60e9eb8ef.png [2]: /editor/20180102/5a4b60c2b356f.png
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
andyfierman@EasyEDA.com Andy, I have figured out why in the original question, RE: The test point not connecting. The test point PCB pad was made on the wrong scale, and was so small the system would not even recognize it. It is now in circuit and working fine. Also, as per your suggestion, I have added a small amount of lead space on most every connection from pin to component (in the schematic). Some of the problems I had that made it look like I didn't know what I was doing at all, were actually due to things such as more than one instance of EasyEDA being open on the same computer. Also, leaving the computer on for several days at a time, and coming back to it from out of sleep mode, instead of regular re-boots all contributed to some of the odd issues I was running into. Now that I am aware of all this, my questions should be fewer, and less problematic to resolve. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE!, while this was being figured out. Craig C and Lisa D, C-Squared Engineering. P.S. (I hope you could give it a quick once over just to see if there is anything like what you found with the poor component to component connections.)
andyfierman 6 years ago
I have the url above and there's your public project. The two do not seem to point to exactly the same set of files. * For the avoidance of doubt, can you post the project url? FYI: I did notice that the TO220 footprint that you have chosen for U3 is incorrect for the part from Digikey (bizarre! why not simply use an LM317 or similar set up for a 6.5V output?): https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cui-inc/P7805-Q24-S6-S/102-2706-ND/4009633
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
Andy, I was not finished with the https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cui-inc/P7805-Q24-S6-S/102-2706-ND/4009633 footprint/schematic symbol when I wrote my LETTER OF THANKS to you. I don't appreciate your defaulting to the "why is this idiot doing this mode!" I was having problems getting the SCHEM and PCB symbols to work properly together, and so decided it would be easier to simply create a new part pair. Thats why I acted so damn bizarrely. Maybe you should work on your social tact skills, while I work on my EDA layout skills. I am multi-tasking projects, and am constantly being pulled away, making it tougher for me to learn the software. I apologize for not meeting your high standards. I will post the link to the project when it is cleaner and more refined. -CC
andyfierman 6 years ago
Craig, Yes that did come across as being tactless and I apologise for not putting it better. I thought you had meant that the files were ready to be looked over and, knowing from your earlier posts that you are working under some pressure, wanted to be sure that I was looking at the right files whilst at the same time providing some feedback about an aspect of the schematic that had not changed between the versions I'd seen so far, namely what appeared to be a package mismatch for U3. Given the time and effort that you collectively have spent on building specific packages for several of the devices, I was surprised to find that U3 was not a standard 7805 type of device in a TO220 package but was some sort of module made to generate 6.5V. I was also a bit surprised by how much it cost compared to a device like an LM317. Obviously, you have a good reason for choosing (what I now realise is) an SMPS over a linear device and I clearly should have engaged brain before fingers. My apologies once again if I came across as criticizing you, that was not my intention at all.
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
andyfierman@EasyEDA.com Hi Andy, I gladly accept your apologies. Heat generation is an issue in this project, so yes I am going with much higher efficiency SMPS supplies. It was very late here when I wrote my request for a quick look-over of the project, and was not ready for it to be looked at yet. My fault. I think when you next get my link to the project, you will find many things improved. I believe I have a much better grasp of the software now. I do have have one quick question. As this is a 3 output supply meant to meet FCC requirements, it is rather large. I would like to make a P.S. schematic, And a control,(PIC16F1789) Logic schematic. Is it a pain, or just a bit of reading, (I know information exists on multi-page schematics). Basically, is it just not recommended/ worth it, or a matter of just following certain procedures. Lisa and I are both glad we are on a pleasant basis again. Thank you, C-Squared Engineering.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Splitting a design across two or more schematics is very simple. You just have to understand that in EasyEDA, pins on schematic symbols are connected by net names. The wires that you draw are just a graphical representation of the instructions to EasyEDA to connect all the pins (nodes) joined by the wire together. You can just as easily create a schematic by attaching netlabels or netflags to symbol pins. The key point is that this is true from all connections even if they are between pins on different sheets. So splitting a schematic across several sheets is as simple as drawing it on separate sheets and attaching netlabels to any nets that transfer between them. It is good practice to use netlabels anyway since it aids readability and cross-probing. The only proviso is that you must check carefully for accidental naming errors which are less likely to occur with the default automaking. At present there is an issue in EasyEDA that's causing the Annotate function to not work as expected but there is a workaround: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Annotate_doesnt_work_across_multiple_schematics-SUOI0hb5P For info: EasyEDA does not support hierarchical design but that is not an issue for you in this instance.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Splitting a design across two or more schematics is very simple. You just have to understand that in EasyEDA, pins on schematic symbols are connected by net names. The wires that you draw are just a graphical representation of the instructions to EasyEDA to connect all the pins (nodes) joined by the wire together. You can just as easily create a schematic by attaching netlabels or netflags to symbol pins. The key point is that this is true from all connections even if they are between pins on different sheets. So splitting a schematic across several sheets is as simple as drawing it on separate sheets and attaching netlabels to any nets that transfer between them. It is good practice to use netlabels anyway since it aids readability and cross-probing. The only proviso is that you must check carefully for accidental naming errors which are less likely to occur with the default automaking. At present there is an issue in EasyEDA that's causing the Annotate function to not work as expected but there is a workaround: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Annotate_doesnt_work_across_multiple_schematics-SUOI0hb5P For info: EasyEDA does not support hierarchical design but that is not an issue for you in this instance.
andyfierman 6 years ago
It may be an obvious point but you have to explicitly name each net in a bus on each sheet. You have to do this anyway within a single sheet because the bus tool is just a drawing aid: the nodes in a bus are actually connected by the netnames you apply to the pins on the bus at each bus tap.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice