You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Unable to draw make complete copper area
340 12
Mikael Bohm 3 years ago
Hello Im trying to complete my pcb design by adding copper areas to top and bottom layers, but end up with holes in the area in various places, is the wiring to narrow or whats the problem?![failed copper area.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/aXdJI8144zbMQb4Qq3wjbTypqCkFW6ofKJuTAhTX.jpeg)
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
That's a PCB not a Schematic. The blank areas are because the tracks are too close to allow copper to be flowed into those areas. That is perferctly normal. You can select **Keep Islands = Yes** which will fill the blank areas but will leave areas of unconnected copper which can lead to crosstalk and interference problems and also makes it harder to find unconnected pads when doing the final checks in the Design Manager.
Mikael Bohm 3 years ago
@andyfierman thank you for your response. I get the "Incomplete connection error" on just about all my ground connections, shouldnt they be connected by the copper layer? All of them touches the copper layers so I thought that would be enough?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mikaeljbohm, Don't assume that just because a pad or a via is connected to a copper area, it is connected to every other copper area on the same net. You need to check for ratlines (turn off all the other layers to see clearly where they are) and if necessary, manually route tracks to connect them.
Mikael Bohm 3 years ago
@andyfierman thank you, so you mean drawing wires between all the copper areas would do the trick?ended up connecting all the ground connections with wires in the end, is this a problem?(is there an advantage to use copper layers instead of wires? Sry for all the noob questions)
bwinter 3 years ago
These vias (in the center) seem rather odd, is there a reason for jumping these to a different plane just to cross each other?  I'm rather new myself, so I'm wondering if there is a purpose to this that I'm not familiar with. ![aXdJI8144zbMQb4Qq3wjbTypqCkFW6ofKJuTAhTX.jpeg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JKKmHKYd2UyKWgZZhXObnW0e5cZ2Rq4jLuRsFZcb.jpeg)
andyfierman 3 years ago
You get this kind of nonsense routing when you use an autorouter. Routing by hand is a much better way but it takes time to learn the rules on how to do it properly.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@bwinter, Please do no hijack topics. When you have a question please post it as a topic in it's own right.
Mikael Bohm 3 years ago
@andyfierman please see my question above bwinter s post on how to handle copper layers, do I connect them with wires? And copper layers on top and bottom layers, simply connect using vias?
Mikael Bohm 3 years ago
@bwinter this is a mistake, I routed all components together and then realized I forgot about the board connectors so hade to move things around, haven't gone over all the intersections yet
bwinter 3 years ago
@mikaeljbohm This is why it's **not** a hijack.  I merely pointing out something in your schematic that I saw as odd.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mikaeljbohm, If you have isolated copper areas then you can either : move the footprints around to try to improve the flow of routing and of the connectivity between copper ares or; route between the isolated areas as you may be able to get a track though a gap that a copper area will not flow unless you reduce the copper area clearance rule. If you do the latter however you need to look at just how much of the copper area is connected because if it is mostly isolated areas then there may be little point in using Copper Areas and you would be as well to route using wider tracks. You have not however, posted a url to a public project so I cannot make any detailed comments. Is your board autorouted?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@bwinter, My apologies: I had not recognised that the screenshot you posted was a crop from @mikaeljbohm's PCB. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice