You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Unnecessary tracks
1279 7
FlavioJVA 7 years ago
Hello, Sometimes EasyEDA creates tracks between GND pads that are surrounded by a bigger cooper area already. And this is not necessary because it could just connect to the adjacent cooper area. Is this an issue to be fixed or some kind of configuration I need to be aware? I would like to say also that I really like EasyEDA and it is very useful for me. Thanks! Regards.
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi FlavioJVA, Welcome to EasyEDA. Do you see this when you use the Autorouter? Can you share an example?
dillon 7 years ago
Your track's net must the same as your copper area's net. Maybe they are diffirent's net You can change your copperarea's net to track net ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170617/594483a4be835.png
FlavioJVA 7 years ago
Hello, Dillon, They are on the same cooper area net. Hello, Andy, Yes, it happens using Autorouter. Please see this example: https://easyeda.com/FlavioJVA/Pluvitron_V3_copy-fa8a52bb91dc49808dff7aafb537df88 Regards,
andyfierman 7 years ago
I think the image below shows an example of where the autorouter has placed GND tracks at 45 degrees that are also connected by spokes at 90 degrees into a copper area that is also assigned to the GND net: ![enter image description here][1] This is bad practice because it reduces the effectiveness of the spokes as heat shunts by adding extra spokes due to the 45 degree tracks. It is hard to avoid this problem because the Autorouter places tracks before the copper area is defined and filled in. What needs to happen is that when the copper area is rebuilt, it removes any traces assigned to the same net that it covers. This rule must also allow for cases where a track starts at a pad that is outside the copper area but ends at a pad that is inside the copper area. Only the track covered by the copper must be removed but the track outside it must not and part of the track outside must join to the copper area. Another possibility is to force the Autorouter to only enter pads at the same angles as the spokes in a copper area but the tracks it then places must be no wider than the spoke width. The problems here are that: 1. the spoke width in EasyEDA is proportional to the pad dimensions so the width of the track autorouted into the pads would also have to be sized using the same rules as the spoke widths; 2. there is no way that the autorouter can predict which pads it must enter at the same angle as the copper area spokes because at this stage the copper areas have not been defined. Even if the areas and the nets they are assigned to are defined before autorouting, it is not clear which tracks will end up connected to the copper area because this in turn depends on where the autorouter places tracks. Hence, it is not clear which pads need what track widths and at what angle connecting into them. * I do not know how other EDA tools deal with this issue. [1]: /editor/20170621/5949827944486.png
FlavioJVA 7 years ago
Hello, Andy, What if I set the Pad Connection do 'Direct' instead of 'Spokes'? Do you think this would resolve this issue? Thanks,
FlavioJVA 7 years ago
How do I force the Autorouter to only enter pads at the same angles as the spokes in a copper area? And how to change the spoke width?
andyfierman 7 years ago
The trouble with selecting `Direct` instead of `Spokes` is that the surrounding copper will sink the heat at from the solder joints and make it very hard to create a reliable solder joint. Unfortunately, you cannot specify either the angle at Which the Autorouter routes to a pad or the with of the spokes. If these feature are important to you then please create Feature Requests for them.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice