You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Use windows instaid of tabs
1475 11
Sofiane_dev 4 years ago
Hi i would like to know if its possible to use easyeda on 2 different monitors, i want to work on the schematic in a monitor and the PCB in another. Thanks ps:I'm using the desktop software btw
Comments
MikeDB 4 years ago
No it's not possible and yes we've all been asking for this for ages.   For some reason it's not at the top of the EasyEDA developers list even though it's the most obvious missing feature in the whole product. Maybe the developers don't have two monitors and don't realise that most people do nowadays :-)
Sofiane_dev 4 years ago
The only solution i found until now is to open the online edito in one monitor and the desktop on in another
andyfierman 4 years ago
You can run more than one instance of the online version in different tabs of the browser so you can also move the browser tabs into separate windows. IIRC, the problem however, is that the synchronisation during Update PCB.../Import Changes... and with Cross Probing probably does not work.
MikeDB 4 years ago
@andyfierman It doesn't sync at all.   And both myself and the OP use the Desktop version as the browser one is so clunky.
Michael Gronlund 4 years ago
@MikeDB Speaking as a developer, all developers that I know use multiple monitors :)
MikeDB 4 years ago
@magronlundjr Yes - I have three in front of me now :-)   And another two behind me testing the latest PCBs I meant the software developers.  We in the West tend to use several but I've noticed this isn't always the case in Asia.
Michael Gronlund 4 years ago
@MikeDB I meant software developers as well :/
dillon 4 years ago
ALL EasyEDA coders are using tow monitors, just as @MikeDB told. There are too many others key features need to be  provided.   EasyEDA is almost  ten years old,  we are thinking about a new bit version, maybe named as EasyEDA pro, in that version, will support tow monitors, the key point, EasyEDA can be used in complex PCB design, maybe can work smooth enough in  big PCB( more than 20K pads , 5K components) . The release time should be 10-12 months. Thanks.
vraltech 3 years ago
Any update on the new version?
vlrm.prjct 3 years ago
Multiple EasyEDA Instance are possible. There is an undocumented "feature", but it's not a bug either. Right-click on the interface and select the "New Window" option.Now you have a second instance of EasyEDA. **But keep in mind, they do not work synchronously !** ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/WcyOu06Wc8QAkkQiVZADf6efN2cQKL9kaH1pfjei.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@tmeschke, Thanks for pointing that feature out. It has always been possible to do this in EasyEDA: it is even possible to do this across multiple platforms. But as MikeDB and you yourself have pointed out in the topic above, the windows are not synchronised which makes this feature not only of little practical use but also makes it very dangerous because changes in one window are not related to changes in another. So for example doing **Update PCB...** in a window showing a schematic does not change anything in a separate window showing the PCB for that schematic. A  PCB tab will open in the same window as the parent schematic but the same PCB in the separate window must be CTRL+F5 refreshed before it will show any changes. Sorry but this is a recipe for disaster.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice