You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
User vetting or rating of User Contributed parts
759 4
Gerriko io 5 years ago
Please could you add some additional data fields for the "User Contributed" library, where other users can vet/review and/or rate a user-contributed part. This will be of far greater value than simply having a notice in red telling me that I am viewing user-contributed parts. Either you are working hard in the background to add in more parts, as at the moment about 40% of my searches come up blank for LCSC or System parts, or we, as a user community, need to have the means to make user-contributed parts better and more reliable. Simply adding in a new version, or a version with a different name really does not solve the problem. So what is the answer if not something like my suggestion?
Comments
GreatLakesConcepts 5 years ago
I agree with you completely. I'm new to EasyEDA, but I was planning on contributing some component symbols and footprints before I do anything else. I want to be able to get feedback from the people/users so I can always improve my work.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@GreatLakesConcepts, When you create a new part or clone an existing one, please enter all the relevant information about the manufacturer and supplier names and part numbers and a brief description (hint: copy the description from the datasheet or the supplier page). If you need to you can add more parameters (attributes) and tick the in BoM information box to get the info to appear in the BoM output. The "key" is the title of the column in the BoM while the "value" is the info that you want to include, for example key=Manufacturer, value=OnSemi. Please also add a link to either a manufacturer's or a supplier's device page and/or datasheet. Where possible, please use a reputable supplier (RS, Farnell, Element14 , Digikey, Mouser, LCSC) because places like eBay and Amazon etc., can be inconsistent and may not include high quality datasheets. Once you have saved your new part, please enter the name into - and then do - Shift-F search and then select the part and right click on it and select "Modify". In the Description section please again add a brief description (hint: copy the description from the datasheet or the supplier page) **and** a link to a manufacturer's or a supplier's device page **and** datasheet.
Gerriko io 5 years ago
@andyfierman I agree, it is important to include all that information. However, for any system or method to function correctly, it has to cater for occasional errors. So, what I do not see at present is a method to flag any mistakes found within User-Contributed components and then possibly have a visible method to show that these mistakes have been resolved (a bit like GitHub, I suppose) or at least have a method to get these components removed and replaced with an error-free one. This is a particular problem with PCB footprints. For example, there are now 536 User-Contributed versions of a SOT-23. I also note that under LCSC & System library components some components have a little tick associated with them to say that they've been vetted etc. What I would like to see is a similar approach being applied somehow to User-Contributed components, which allows other users to say that they have used such a component and it works etc.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@gerriko.iot, My reply was to help @GreatLakesConcepts understand how to contribute a high quality footprint. I totally agree that there needs to be some way to vet or rate user contributed symbols and footprints. There is now a **Report Error...** menu option for LCSC and System (but not User Contributed) symbols and footprints but there needs to be something similar to allow user contributed parts to be notified to their contributors or to rate them. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/vGXgKYmPYsq2J6NDigTZuTsbWpLC85DbmWUYtdL1.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wCDh5NgcUJFBOlh8NAxkQQHHW2n0uplsXxxmhz75.png) Suppose they are up or down voted on a scale of say 1 star to 5 star, so that the up voted parts float to the top of the list (or can be sorted on their star ratings) and any parts down voted by more than some percentage - like say if 63% or more of their ratings are only 1 star - then they are removed from the library (or removed from the list if not actually deleted)?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice