You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Using the PCB Measurement Tool with Holes
451 5
DonpK 2 years ago
Is there a way to use the PCB measurement tool to measure the distance from the center of holes? Holes centers can be seen in the hole properties, but the measurement tool doesn't seem to snap to a hole center.-
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
If the hole centres are not already placed on and snapped to current grid snap size (or the grid snap can be resized to make them so) then there does not appear to be any way that you can use the in-editor tools (M or N hotkeys) to measure the exact distance between hole centres. So, it's back to Pythagoras using the XY values for the centres for each hole, as given in the right hand panel. :( * Note that there are tools that allow you to place or align elements or groups of elements at exact absolute or relative locations under **Format**. You could try changing the Category of this Topic to Feature Request or maybe even Bug Report. :)
DonpK 2 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks, Andy. It appears that the Measurement Tool (M) as opposed to the Dimension Tool (N) _does_ measure between the centers of holes. As the Measurement Tool is moved over the center of a hole, it appears to snap to the center of that hole. It's not apparent because the "crosshairs" don't appear as they do when the regular mouse cursor is moved over a hole. However, in the case of pads, a center dot does appear when the Measurement Tool is moved over the pad. Try it out to see if I've got that right. If so, I can post a Feature Request. Both tools could use some tweaking when it comes to holes.
andyfierman 2 years ago
Sorry, you're right: the Measure tool (M) does snap to hole centres. I think I must have tried the Dimension tool (N) off the Tools pallette and off the Menu when I tried it yesterday. Slightly oddly, both M and N tools snap to Pad snap points (but these may not always be at the pad centre!).. It would actually make sense to be able to toggle snap to centre on or off because there are occasions where you want to measure to, from or between the edges of holes and so do not want to snap to a centre. At other times it is required to measure between centres. So a carefully worded Feature Request is needed methinks. :)
DonpK 2 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks for the further insights about the M & N tools. > Pad snap points (but these may not always be at the pad centre! Could you explain when that would be the case? Don
andyfierman 2 years ago
Offset holes: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/hBnlQA7K4BZF1sj1oF7cA90ihA5UWXhscrorv101.png) Irregular shapes: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uHhupTLoIzon8OdHB3S9a1d97TxedkUDOGZpsfWM.png) :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice