You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Vertical resistors?
3460 4
asiago 7 years ago
I'm new to this, so I apologize for my ignorance... I looked in the library, and I see a few vertical resistors, some of which may work, but how do I replace a 'normal' resistor on the pcb with a vertical? Or, is there an easy way to replace the package used for an already-placed component? I can place NEW components just fine, but then how do I tie it into the net, and get it to work when auto-routing (and does this affect the schematic)? Thanks
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Asiago, Welcome to EasyEDA. The workflow in EasyEDA is to draw the schematic first and while doing that, assign packages to all the schematic symbols. Then when you pass the schematic through to PCB layout all the right PCB footprints should automatically be pulled in to the PCB layout. If you need to change a package, the easiest way to do it is to change the package assignment in the schematic, save it and then, in the PCB editor, do **Import Changes...**. To see how to do all this and more, please see the EasyEDA Tutorial: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/ BTW, there's no magic about a vertical resistor PCB footprint. In the schematic it's the same resistor, it just has a different PCB footprint. If you can't find a footprint that you need then the Tutorial explains how to make your own. If you get stuck, please post back. :)
PowerMax 7 years ago
Am I missing something, the package select tool seems to be very unintuitive. It is just a big list with packages, but no picture next to them to show what they are. I don't know what the package for the resistors and capacitors are called, and had no luck finding the package type on the internet. I don't want to spend half an hour guessing which one it is, as most of them seem to be surface mount packages but my project is entirely through-hole design. Can easyEDA be updated to allow you to change the package type directly in the PCB layout area instead as well, and have a picture next to each entry in the universal libs? Thanks.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi PowerMax, To help us prioritise things like this, could you re-post this as a Feature Request please? Thanks.
dillon 7 years ago
We do will provide a way to make the package choose more easy. At preset, you can select the package. Maybe you can create your own package. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20160617/576402a4d7fa7.png
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice