You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Video Tutorial leaves information out of part creation
554 6
Joseph Massimino 5 years ago
When the part was created for the PCB, it can not be used that way, it must have a schematic symbol to go with it. The video tutorial leaves that step out, so it is almost useless to create a PCB part, without the schematic part to match it..
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
You don't **have** to have an exactly matching schematic symbol for each PCB footprint. EasyEDA is more flexible than that. You can use, clone, edit or create schematic symbols in several different ways both within the Schematic Editor or using the Schematic Lib Editor. In each of these ways you can change the package attribute to refer to a PCB footprint of your choice. You can use a PCB footprint without it having a schematic symbol that is directly related to it. For example there are many bjt transistors in a SOT-23 package which all have the same pinout. So you could have a PCB footprint called SOT-23-BJT and for any symbol for a bjt in your schematic that you want to put on your PCB in a SOT-23 package, whether it is an npn or a pnp, you place the bjt symbol and edit the package attribute for that symbol in your schematic to SOT-23-BJT. You can do that using the "I" hotkey or directly in the right hand panel. OR, You can decide that you want each schematic symbol in your schematic to have a footprint that has exactly the same name as the schematic symbol to which it applies. In which case, you create a PCB footprint with some name and then create a schematic symbol with exactly the same name and with that PCB footprint assigned to it in the symbol's package attribute. This latter method of a 1:1 correspondence between symbols and footprints creates huge libraries because every unique device has a matching unique footprint but it does make it easy to find symbols with the correct footprint. It also reduces the need to edit and check symbols when you place them in a schematic but at the expense of someone having to have spent the time creating them in the schematic and PCB Lib Editors in the first place.
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi I believe I have point that out. at 3'28'' [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ux7GNwr9lM&list=PLbKMtvtYbdPNPsFuhSUR93WB0xtavc6yh&index=3](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ux7GNwr9lM&list=PLbKMtvtYbdPNPsFuhSUR93WB0xtavc6yh&index=3) and you can refer at [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/SchematicLib/SchLib-Create/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/SchematicLib/SchLib-Create/index.html)
@andyfierman  I have gotten to the point where I only have to edit the part and swop the pins around. I am not sure which numbers to switch when I look at the edit of the part. I see Pin Name, Pin Number, and Spice Pin Number.   Which of these have to change for autorouter to work properly? Do I have to save the edited part  in any special way to keep it for other projects? I have two things written down, there are two drawn pictures of the switch, each has the pins numbered, one is how it is now, and the other is how it has to be to autoroute properly.  Which pin columns need to be swapped in the edit screen?  I am very close to getting this done.  Thanks.
@andyfierman  OK, I have the schematic  of the switch, and the pins are numbered, so I want to attach my pcb FOOTPRINT to it, and keep it in my library of parts to use. I  Cloned it, and brought up the attributes,  and I can't see anyway to attach my foot print to the schematic image.  What am I missing in your directions?
andyfierman 5 years ago
@joe.massimino, I am not clear from your post if you are talking about (1) a schematic symbol that you are editing in the Schematic Lib Editor or (2) if you are editing a symbol directly in the schematic. If (1): Select the symbol in the schematic and click on the Package attribute. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/oUVQS5NUNARZJqOV8l9ABL7CCuLALnp29SPoDgZp.png) If (2): Open the schematic symbol in the Schematic Lib Editor for editing then click on the Package attribute: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/kFDVpAeWbFntHPRzODgYGKpVOjr752yhUjR92I7h.png) In either case this will open the Footprint Manager. From there on the process is the same. Search (upper right of the Footprint Manager window) for the PCB footprint name (which, if you have created and saved it using the PCB footprint using the PCB Lib Editor, is now in the library so will appear when you search for it in the Footprint Manager). Select the PCB footprint name. Check that the schematic symbol and the PCB footprint pin numbering matches the datasheet of the physical device that you have chosen. Click Update. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/3kj6bQQaNI2cfgRopQVL5BGbEbIcP9kSf8hu9iWb.png) Done.
Thanks , I figured it out yesterday, and I am only waiting on the true part to get here since the drawing didn't add up the way it should. I will make my own measurements and correct it. Today I picked up the Hydrogen peroxide and the Hydrochloric acid to make the etching acid, and some photographic paper for my laser printer.  I  will have to remember how to print the boards to the exact size they need to be to make the prototype and test it.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice