You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Want to simulate mechanically-torn SMD pads in my PCB design - is that possible?
297 3
THX1138 1 year ago
This is a pretty strange question but how do I modify a footprint to simulate a copper pad being torn off of the PCB? So that when the PCB is manufactured, the copper pad is missing and the bare FR4 is exposed, just like how it would be if the pad was mechanically torn off the board? If I click on the red part (e.g. pad 18 in the screenshot below) and delete it, it takes the top solder mask bit with it and the pad number no longer exists (I still want it for routing traces). I presume in that case, the blank area would just get filled with solder mask during manufacturer, which isn't exactly what I want. I realise what I'm doing is perhaps not even possible because no-one else has probably ever wanted to do this in the history of PCB design/manufacture! ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Huk9nX1j5bUBvsd1DVCqsDjrpqrFN807TkhtZ92m.png)
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Measure and note the dimensions and centre of the aperture in the solder mask before you delete the pad; Then delete the pad; Then manually add the aperture in the soldermask layer back in by adding a rectangle in the soldermask layer of the same dimensions and centre as the original; Check the Gerbers using gerbv before submitting for manufacture.
THX1138 1 year ago
@andyfierman Perfect. Thank you, Andy! :)
THX1138 1 year ago
I was struggling to implement the suggestion but something that worked was: select the pads to be "torn off", right click and select "generate solid region by objects outline". Select each of the rectangles created and move them to the TopSolderMaskLayer. The original pads can then be deleted. In my case I decided to move the pads up so I still have something to connect my traces to. The size of pads can be adjusted to be within whatever trace width I end up using.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice