You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
What are the conditions and reasons for changing PTH to NPTH
781 14
clispe h 11 months ago
I got into the habit of checking my Gerber files more than twice. What are the conditions and reasons for changing PTH (Plating Through Hole) to NPTH (Non Plating Through Hole)? Why does the PTH of the location change to NPTH regardless of my will when I copy or save several times?
Comments
andyfierman 11 months ago
You need to give some screenshots or other info to illustrate  what you are asking about.
UserSupport 11 months ago
Hi can you reproduce this issue?
clispe h 11 months ago
Work ![PCB_NA BED NNN 01.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/YeGFcwIaqTiXFe8UtMEClutboGmQz1h0j44mPfCL.png) After ![PCB_NA BED NNN 02.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/4vHjQhEgNuEbwH6mtOIZswheK5KXp8Kwrgh5YOGK.png) Step: 1\. Create and place multi\-layers with PCB Tool/Pad/ multi\-layer: Width: 6mm\, Height: 6mm\, Hole: 3\.6mm\. 2\. Other tasks \(etc\.\) 3\. offline project/clone \(right mouse click\) 4\. Other tasks \(etc\.\) 5\. Save 6\. Verification of gerber\-generated PTH and NPTH 7\. 3 \- 6 repetitions 8\. Verification of gerber\-generated PTH and NPTH In this process, PTH is changed to NPTH So copy the Pad of another Through part, change the size to 6x6 mm, Hole: 3.6mm, repeat 2 - 7, and the PTH of the copied Pad is changed to NPTH.
clispe h 11 months ago
The project has not yet been released because the PCB has not been tested.
@cxreload, Can you make a public project that demonstrates this behaviour and post the link to it here? Thanks.
clispe h 11 months ago
The PCB was not manufactured and tested, but the project URL is where the symptom appears is as follows. [https://oshwlab.com/cxreload/ALS-Bed-NP](https://oshwlab.com/cxreload/ALS-Bed-NP)
And a public copy of one where the holes have changed from PTH to NPTH?
Two questions: Is this PCB created directly in the PCB editor (in other words, it is not generated by conversion from a schematic)? What gerber viewer software are you using to check the Gerbers?
clispe h 11 months ago
1\. Published copies were NPTH converted to PTH and then published\. 2\. I directly designed using the editor without converting in Schematic\. 3\. Schematic uses TINA\. 4\. Gerber Viewer checked using Gerbv 2\.6A\. 5\. After downloading the published copy to PC\, open EasyEDA and save it\, clone\(using Offline project/Clone\) the PCB\, save it\, and then open the saved file and repeat the work\. You can see that PTH is changed to NPTH\. PS. Due to this problem, I made several PCBs with the same design. My mistake of not checking the Gerber file contents, the reason was in the belief that EasyEDA would generate the Gerber files correctly and safely. It's too cumbersome to go back and forth with Eagle or Altium to check designs including Gerber and 3D Markup. ![gerbv.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/PHe082NeKVrvaRT6z9gxy8Mt7tefi8DtwFKQhAVb.png)
clispe h 11 months ago
The reason I didn't pay much attention to this problem was because I used a copper PCB-to-PCB connector.
UserSupport 11 months ago
Hi I can't repeat your issue, if you can repeat please help to take a video and send to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) we will follow your video to reproduce nomally, if you didn't change the property it will not set to Plated as No thank you
@cxreload, Sorry but you need to make a simplified public project that demonstrates the issue you are seeing and describe in detail exactly every step you take to reproduce it. Generalised statements such as: 2\. Other tasks \(etc\.\) 3\. offline project/clone \(right mouse click\) 4\. Other tasks \(etc\.\) do not convey enough information.
clispe h 11 months ago
I tried to make the symptoms appear with the design where the symptoms appeared with STD version 6.5.34 and the new design, but the symptoms did not occur as I tried to reproduce the symptoms in a hurry. I was thinking of creating a .JSON file analyzing application to review the symptoms. I'm working on a different design, I will close the current issue. If the symptom appears, I will send a video or screenshot of each step to the support email address, or register an issue on the forum. Thanks again to the EasyEDA development team for always working hard.
clispe h 10 months ago
Some PTH still changes to NPTH. This is not a symptom that always appears. I think it may be a problem in the Gerber conversion process.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice