You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
What is the component marking layer for in a footprint?
358 3
AlanDaniells 11 months ago
Hi, I have been setting up footprints for my own components by taking a similar footprint from the library and modifying it\.  I have seen that many footprints from the library have a small circle or dot on the layer called component marking layer\.   See the small dot toward the bottom left of this TO92 footprint \(TO\-92\-3\_L4\.5\-W3\.5\-P1\.27\-L\) and this resistor footprint \(RES\-TH\_BD2\.7\-L6\.2\-P10\.20\-D0\.4\) as examples \(screenshots attached\)\.  What is the component marking layer for?  What is the purpose of the small dot?  Is it important and if so where should it be placed?  I have searched for answers to this and read the tutorial pages but I have not been able to find answers\.  I have not even been able to find any references to the component marking layer\. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zgXrbfrFxi89e27SioB89bh6nOSo89RAUf1yiGyj.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zyOvNXEcwkpEKHuEvBO7dx7scXKhlbvcMXZtMBKV.png)
Comments
Markus_ee 11 months ago
The dot always indicates pin number 1 in all components.
Markus_ee 11 months ago
This dot is there to guide you to assemble the component right way around. This is good practice at least when you assemble ICs.
AlanDaniells 11 months ago
Thank you for the explanation Markus_ee.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice