You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Where is the Phantom Pad?
678 8
NuttyProfessor47 5 years ago
OK. I need eagle eyes and some lateral thinking here. Having completed my layout, the final DRC check showed two Track to Pad errors as shown below. ![DRC_Dual_Error_With_TRACKS](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/EmxLKJB7Uf8KzJyaHV4OwQuoSBnF8J9LP4luFfo2.png) For starters I deleted both tracks, and sure enough both errors cleared. As you can see though, both tracks and the pads that they were connected to are on the same net, and the error crosses are away from any visible pads so there should be no issue there. ![DRC_Error_No_TRACKS](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/j0NVNdooXjZizAKZcQ8BoIs6D9tEdn4BZ1xmZnZD.png) I then started to replace one of the tracks, with the following result. ![DRC_Error_Phantom_Pad](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MOilSOugo7P9Tkmpx2HcvtiW9XdTXldsjaBYrqxn.png) So where is the phantom pad? Starting the new track from the oval NEUTRAL pad, as I move the end of the track to the right or left the error cross moves horizontally along the centre (where the red dotted line of the track cursor is in the image above) of the grid square that surrounds the error cross. If I take the end of the track outside that square to the right, the error clears, and to the left it moves to become a genuine error on the U3_3 pad. Move it up and the error cross stays on the centre line. Move it down below the centre line of the grid square, and it clears.  So what's on the grid square horizontal centre line that the DRC check thinks is a pad? Any suggestions welcome.
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
Is this just a 2 layer PCB? Have you hidden any internal layers?
andyfierman 5 years ago
Try running a DRC when you have deleted the track segments (as in your middle image) and look for Nets with only one connection?
@andyfierman Not intentionally. I've cycled through all the layers selectable (all the inner layers are turned off) at high magnification on the grid square where the problem occurs, and nothing lights up. Basically I can't see the cause.
@andyfierman With the two tracks deleted, all DRC errors clear, and net NEUTRAL flags an error which highlights as a break, which is correct. everything else stays clear.
@andyfierman Andy, now I'm really puzzled. Since I posted the screen shots 5 hrs ago, I've gone back to a copy of the board that I saved in different project as insurance against my messing something up, and set about tidying it up (getting all component legends the same way up and not obscured by components) and making sure all track routings and separations were good for my application, in the same way that I had with the troublesome board. I've just finished (2hrs duplicate effort but hey) and hey presto, it doesn't have the problem! ![Screenshot-2018-6-12 EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6x07rdf54R1ctw3NbuLjsbxhPxOzJWTzUnCmMirc.png) So Im going to replace the prolem file in its project with a "save as" of this one which will allow me move on, but leaves us with no explanation which is a bit frustrating. I'll park the problem file somwhere safe in case you or anyone else has any other bright ideas about what I could try to fix it, but in the meantime thank you very much for all your help and prompt responses. I really appreciate your help. It's been essential to my progress and learning thusfar. Thanks again, NuttyProfessor47
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi That seems a DRC mark symbol's bug, we have changed something about the DRC checking,  if you didn't see anything at design manager, please ignore it . we will fix this issue. Thanks
@UserSupport Hi, I've just had a recurrence on a different board. This time I had swapped two nets in the schematic to remove the need for two tracks to cross. The tracks went from two device pins directly to a PCB mounted socket. When I updated the PCB and reassigned the tracks to the updated nets I got a DRC flag in Design Manager, and a cross on the board indication that one of the reassigned tracks had a track to track error with its previous net (which was no longer there). ![Screenshot-2018-6-19 EasyEDA - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/84GsUm4yUqwifq84S9ivipCAj5sGpvjC7LFpSSNl.png) Moving the track made the error appear anywhere along the route of the original track. Deleting and relaying the tracks did not help. However, deleting and replacing the PCB socket, then relaying the tracks did. I've noticed that when nets are reassigned on a schematic and the PCB updated, the components involved change their nets, but the tracks don't. They have to be changed manually on the PCB or redrawn, and I wonder if the "Phantom Pad/Track" is associated with this.
UserSupport 5 years ago
@NuttyProfessor47 Yes, if you change the net on the schematic, and update to PCB, the track won't auto update now. we will support it in the future.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice