You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Why can't I find a Atmel Tiny85 chip.
1172 6
Joseph Massimino 5 years ago
I find things from others that are wrong, but nothing from  Atmel with a standard Tiny85.  Many of what I found did not show ground on pin 4, so I did not look any further. When I went into make my own part, the system did not give me tools to add pins, it gave me regular PCB tools, not part editing tools.  I get really frustrated with the software.  What am i doing wrong now? When I get the correct tools, i create a outline of the part in silkscreen, then the pins in topview where i add pins and number them. So i have not found the Tiny85 I can use, and i can't create the Tiny85 that I can use. What is going on? EDIT:  So I went back into it and it went correctly this time, so something odd is going on in the software.
Comments
Markus Gutschke 5 years ago
Can you use the ATTiny45 instead? That's what I just used for a project. And all the ATTiny are really very similar except for RAM/Flash size.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Joseph Massimino, When you create a PCB Footprint you need to open the PCB Lib Editor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/SJKicPpVH5fbhJP9pJeHFCTiLnNRKAjG9xKo7HQa.png) and not in the PCB Editor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qU2LmOudhxjc586AVV4RfTfw4sXnTKWxxx768dEz.png)
andyfierman 5 years ago
Here's a user contributed footprint for a Tiny85 that looks OK: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Nk3UVxaXpTOW8KXUVGOxihP3joTavxepOOheaDi9.png)
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Joseph Massimino, You seem to be confused about whether you are talking about a PCB Footprint or a Schematic Symbol. "When I went into make my own part, the system did not give me tools to add **pins**, it gave me regular PCB tools, not part editing tools." Schematic Symbols have **Pins**. PCB Footprints have **Pads**. "When I get the correct tools, i create a outline of the part in silkscreen, then the pins in topview where i add pins and number them." You draw an outline in silkscreen for a PCB Footprint using the PCB Lib Editor. The outline you draw around a Schematic Symbol using the Schematic Lib Editor is just a drawing element to make a clearly defined symbol. It has nothing to do with the physical outline of the component that the silkscreen outline in the PCB Footprint is showing the user as a keep-out area. You appear to have made a Schematic Symbol for an Atmel Tiny85: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/RmXJTtTPhayqmjfObwx18XR21b3NMllqZqzGeanQ.png) There are several things wrong with this Schematic Symbol that render it less than useful to yourself and other users: 1. All the pins are off grid. The pins for Schematic Symbols should always be placed with a Grid and a Snap of 10 and with Snap = Yes; 2. All the pins are off grid by different amounts; 3. There is no PCB Footprint assigned to the Package attribute; 4. There is no Supplier, Supplier Part or Manufacturer Part assigned to it; 5. The Description in the Search Libraries tool has no content to help distinguish or describe the part; 6. The Description in the Search Libraries tool has no links to manufacturer's or supplier's datasheets and dimensional drawings.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Joseph Massimino, Can you use this? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ENp8NyJg9QTHkn5Qun4CLBeF8zeOHSLjZzyHbQrU.png)
Joseph Massimino 5 years ago
I did create my own Tiny85, as you saw.   When I went into the part creation edit, it gave me the wrong tools.  Then I came into the forum an posted, and when I went back and tried again, it gave me the correct tools, and that is when i created my own part. I did not edit the part so the footprint is accurate yet, but I will before I make the board.   The suggestion to use a Tiny45 was a good one, I wish I would have thought to do it before I put time into making my own Attiny85. Now I am looking for a RCA Phono PCB mount part, and it looks like i have to make my own footprint for that as  well. Thanks for all the suggestions, but I have been using the software long enough to know that there are some quirky things it can do.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice