You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Yes/No option for part silkscreen
1636 11
EdHayes3 3 years ago
I'd like the ability to show/hide silkscreen for a part. Similar to the show/hide prefix or name for a part. I know I can ungroup the part, but that takes away benefits of having a "part" such as assigning a pick and place item.
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
Can't think why you'd want to hide the silkscreen of a PCB Footprint  but if you clone an existing PCB Footprint then you could create your own version with the silkscreen outline removed. Other features of it will remain the same.
EdHayes3 3 years ago
1. One use I have for this feature: Where I have my power connectors, I am making the board to accept either a screw terminal or a barrel jack. Similarly, another will be a USB connector or screw terminal jack.  2. It's nice to have pads avilable for components or headers if needed, but wont always be implemented. No need to silkscreen those. 3. I could see the benefit of having component prefixes/names present, but not the outline. Why have an outline for each and every resistor? 4. Would be nice to label importaint stuff that is intended for the end user, but not label all the components. Makes the end product look a lot cleaner. The library is already super cluttered with duplicate parts, I'd hate to add yet another just to remove the silkscreening. There's already options to remove the prefix or name silkscreen, so this should be easily carried over to my suggestion.
andyfierman 3 years ago
"Why have an outline for each and every resistor?" So that when the footprints are placed on the PCB they are not placed so close together that they overlap or do not have enough room around them for access, reworking etc. :)
EdHayes3 3 years ago
@andyfierman Agreed, when designing a board, that makes sense, and is very importaint. But that does not apply to the board once the design is complete. Now that you have me thinking about this, maybe a global board options upon generating the GERBER, there's a "yes/no/part specific" option for showing component outlines in gerber. Where yes/no would overide the part specific options.
ragingsonar 2 years ago
@andyfierman I want to hide the silkscreen because the PCB is what the end user sees, and I have different graphics and do not want theirs interfering. I want my 50 LED's in a grid to look good and not have too much going on visually. But if I make a copy of the part and make my own footprint, then I worry JLCPCB will not assemble that part.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@ragingsonar, As long as you place it correctly (see my comments above) then there will be no problem. One option is to clone the Footprints and move the unwanted bits of the silkscreen onto the Document or Mechanical layers so that it's visible to you during layout but is not present on the finished PCB.
UserSupport 2 years ago
if you don't want all silkscreen layer, you can remove them at Gerber zip file, then recompress and order
the2masters 6 months ago
I support this feature request. JLCPCB tells me the minimum spacing here: [https://jlcpcb.com/help/article/41-SMD-Components-Minimum-Spacing](https://jlcpcb.com/help/article/41-SMD-Components-Minimum-Spacing) But the silkscreen is much larger, so it looks like rubbish if I‌ try to reach this minimum spacing. Simply add an option like show/hide prefix to remove everything from the silkscreen layers of the components. I don't want to clone all the parts, to be sure the PCBA Service picks the right components in the right direction.
koendv 3 weeks ago
At this moment, it is possible to put the silkscreen of a component on the Top Silkscreen Layer or the Bottom Silkscreen Layer. Could you add the possibility of putting the silkscreen on the Document Layer, too? This way the silkscreen would not be printed on the pcb.
haidy_easyeda 3 weeks ago
<font _mstmutation="1">@koendv</font>Hello, you can place the text on the document layer, but then you won't be able to see the silkscreen on the top and bottom layers after the board is made.<font _mstmutation="1">  ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/VRRNDX9NX1IileBWOporJeaWzlSrgI0BEB5DhSvu.png)</font>
andyfierman 3 weeks ago
You can find, select and edit all silkscreen Designators etc., using the Find Similar Objects...
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice