You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
all lines drawn are minimum width
642 23
mchahn 3 years ago
Every trace I draw is minimum width, no matter what I set the default "routing width" to.  After I lay down each trace I have to select it and change the width manually.  This happens on all projects. I made my current project public at mchahn/erdri-main-esp.  This is kind of urgent.
Comments
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello ; Once you set the width value for a made trace width it will be set automatically for the next track too like for example you made a track (it comes with 0.254 mm) and you change it to 0.5mm width then the next track you made will be also 0.5mm as long as you are not changing it. Please update your EDA version to the last version release.
mchahn 3 years ago
That is not what it is doing.  It goes back to the minimum on every trace I draw.  If I have the default set to 30 and then draw a trace it comes out as minimum.  Then I change that trace to 30.  Then the next trace I draw is minimum again,  It never puts down a trace of any size other than minimum.
mchahn 3 years ago
Can you do me a favor and tell me exactly what I should click and type to get a trace width set and lets me start a trace at that width?  I will test that.
andyfierman 3 years ago
PCB > Canvas Attributes > Routing Width: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/13h1a4rwfltqwUY7KthRKuY3oSirxfRw5a5To47Z.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
Select track > right-click > Attributes > Width: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/q6cj9YakhhzD09RXnDD7bymtUk1Kn5Yu7wy2901F.png)
mchahn 3 years ago
Yes, that changes the width of an existing trace.  I tried that and it worked.  But then I drew a new trace and it was drawn at minimum size.  So I still can't start drawing any new trace at any size other than minimum. Load my project and try it.
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Please share the project link.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mchahn, For me, both of those attribute settings are persistent so once a change is made, it is inherited by the next track drawn.
mchahn 3 years ago
@JLCPCBsupport The project is mchahn/erdri-main-esp.  The project id is 31f5113fc508457dba7e183b1ac44580.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mchahn, Please just post the project URL like this: [https://easyeda\.com/mchahn/erdri\-box\_copy\_copy\_copy](https://easyeda.com/mchahn/erdri-box_copy_copy_copy) And having opened it and played about with the PCB, both of the attribute settings that I illustrated above are persistent so once a change is made, it is inherited by the next track drawn.
mchahn 3 years ago
I saw that URL but I coulcn't copy/paste it and I'm too lazy to type it in.  :-)   Is there some way to change the url so I don't have a very old name with a zillion "_copy" after it?   I usually start a project by cloning an old one. Did you try to change the default setting and start a wire?  I think that is what gets the problem started. I am in the middle of releasing the project.  When I get a chance I will clone the project,  see what happens when I try, and then I'll tell you what I did.  It may be that we are not doing the same thing.
andyfierman 3 years ago
When you clone a project, you can change it's name but not the URL. Create a new project then copy or clone the schematic and PCB into it? "Did you try to change the default setting and start a wire?" Yes.
mchahn 3 years ago
Do these exact steps... 1) Clone the project 2) Open the PCB. 3) Set routing width to 13. 4) Press W to start a wire. 5) Click on pad 3 of part TD and then click outside of pad to create a wire.  The wire will be 6 mil, not 13.  This is an error. 6) Change that wire to 14 using the attribute menu. 7) Press W again. 8) Click on pin 5 of TD and then click outside of pad to create a second wire.  The wire will be 6 mil, not 14.  This is another error. From then on I can't figure out how to start a wire that isn't 6 mm.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Got it. It's the **W** key that's broken. If you select **Track** in the PCB Tools palette then the widths are correct.: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JfBwGzOctkKSt7MUD6e8Rv2r3sOxLYTKoJTpDzoo.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
**Please change the category of this topic to that of Bug Report.**
mchahn 3 years ago
You don't mean I have to use the pallete for every new trace do you?  How do you (andy) normally create a new trace?
andyfierman 3 years ago
I think this is a new problem with the W key. In the past I have used both the W key and the palette button.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Which is why I suggested changing this to a Bug Report.
mchahn 3 years ago
Thanks.  I was just curious why you didn't notice this before.
UserSupport 3 years ago
@andyfierman @mchahn When routing, the track width will follow the previous track's width which is same net. if you don't want it following, you can usw SHIFT+W while routing. if you enable the Design Rule, the track width will follow the rule. ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qwvavykoCtp6VzACkSCcoOhWafFQO3zEgMV8U1H9.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@UserSupport, I am wrong about there being a difference between the W key and the PCB Tools Wire button: they behave the same BUT something else is wrong. I can not work out what is really going on but please study the video below and then play with the example in the link that @mchahn made public: [https://easyeda\.com/mchahn/erdri\-box\_copy\_copy\_copy](https://easyeda.com/mchahn/erdri-box_copy_copy_copy) ![strange_track_width_inheritance.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/CSDSinmZFd6Mt5ikdDGcWqJ2teobTNJE3w07JYsR.gif)
UserSupport 3 years ago
It is correct, please check the design rule setting. ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/bMQNsFQvZrjvHLO2rJ8rGGWDAWttvRBl3HNGtu4A.png)
Franz Beni 3 years ago
Thank you, got the same problem
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice