You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
auto route with copper area for ground
2699 6
TCChan 6 years ago
I am designing a dual layer PCB and want to have copper area for grounding. As a result, I want to have as many tracks on the top layer as possible. Probably, for my circuit, it is not possible for all tracks (except grounding) to be on the top layer. The auto router ran for a long time and the maximum percentage in the progress bar is 96%. I am happy to have the remaining 4% on the bottom layer. So I stopped the auto router. On the PCB layout page, the routing on the top layer seems to be OK. Then I tried to continue the remaining tracks manually. It did not succeed. The tracks did not appear, instead a number of yellow X were created. Is there a way to 1 Request the router to lay as much tracks as possible on one layer and the remaining on the other layers? 2 Let the auto router to complete most of the tracks and manually finish with the rest. Meanwhile, I am trying to record those incomplete tracks, exclude it from the auto routing, route again and then finish it manually. But it is messy and error prone.
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi 1.you can select only one layer to go on the auto route. ![enter image description here][1] 2.Sometimes, the autorouter can't finish all the nets, you have to route the rest manually, or you can route the first and them skip them to auto route. the more you can refer: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Local-Auto-Router we will re-write the auto router in the future, that will take a long time. thank you. [1]: /editor/20180203/5a7540ea06209.png
TCChan 6 years ago
Thanks for your reply. Here is my suggestion. At present, when the user interrupted the auto-routing, the layout created by auto router cannot be further routed manually. It would be nice if the auto router is interrupted, it returns a layout that can be finished manually. In my case, if I skipped the ground and Vcc, the auto router can finish up to 96% which is very good already. Thanks
Tutorials 6 years ago
@TCChan Hi, if the auto router keeps 96%, you have to stop it manually. we keep the layout on purpose when it is interrupted.
Subramanian G 5 years ago
My question is, Say the auto router has routed most of the parts and there is that one part which has to be moved without which the routing can't be completed; could we stop the router with which we get the layout and could we manually change the part and hit on auto routing. Say like a pause-play effect.
andyfierman 5 years ago
In theory this sounds like a good idea but in practice, moving one footprint on a complex PCB will probably disrupt the routing enough that you will either have to manually reroute the affected areas or simply start the Autorouter again. If the PCB is simple then the situation is the same but there's probably less of an issue in routing it anyway. Note that using the Autorouter for a complex PCB can do more harm than good unless care is taken with the * component layout; * routing of critical tracks; * ground and power planes; * vias and any associated coupling capacitors for signal return paths between layers using different ground and power planes; * setting up the Autorouter to respect these pre-routed and configured layout features.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice