You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
copper pour hides the net track
649 13
Karthik Keyan 5 years ago
Hello, I'm new to PCB design.I have a problem after placing the copper pour on the PCB. I made this PCB design without drawing a schematic. The net tracks disappear after placing the copper for.Please help me out.Here is the[link](https://easyeda.com/karthikkeyan221/new-pcb).Thank you. Karthi
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Karthik Keyan, Welcome to EasyEDA. Any net on the PCB with same the net name as that assigned to a copper area will be covered by that copper area. I suspect on your PCB you may want to put a BAT+ copper area on one side and a GND copper area on the other?
Hi Yeah I have put the net BAT+ and GND as the copper area. Actually I don't know the use of copper pour. I thought with out doing copper pour, the PCB design is not complete. Is it necessary to do the copper pour? I'm new to PCB design. Thanks.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@karthikkeyan221, There are situations where copper areas are essential and there are some situations where they are a good idea but not essential. Your PCB is an example of where copper areas are a good idea but not essential. If laid out properly so that traces don't cut them into too many small or isolated sections then BAT+ and GND copper areas will significantly reduce the resistance of the BAT+ and GND connections. It will also increase the current carrying capacity of the respective nets. You could achive much the same effect simply by using wider traces but using copper areas may be simpler to achieve. Without some specification describing what your design is for and what it's design aims and performance objectives are, however, it is not possible to say whether the use of copper places will be necessary or helpful in your PCB.
andyfierman 5 years ago
You may find (2) in: [https://easyeda\.com/andyfierman/Welcome\_to\_EasyEDA\-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f) helpful.
UserSupport 5 years ago
If the copper is the net as the track, the track will be covered. it is normally.
@andyfierman The circuit is to charge the batteries from the socket power through DC power jack and also to power the Microcontroller. Here I have 2 Battery packs and DC power jack to power the microcontroller and others sensors. When there is no power from the socket, the battery packs provides the power to the sensors and Microcontroller and if the wall adapter is connected, it charges the batteries and power the microcontroller. In other words, it is a UPS.
andyfierman 5 years ago
\#\# Stop\! \#\#\# You need to provide more detailed information about your design because from what you have said in your last post your design has a strong possibility of being extremely dangerous\. \#\#\# Inappropriate charging of batteries can very easily lead to overheating with consequent high risk of fire and/or explosion\. * What sort of batteries are you charging? * What type of wall charger are you using? * How many batteries are you trying to charge at the same time?
andyfierman 5 years ago
# Stop! ### You need to provide more detailed information about your design because from what you have said in your last post your design has a strong possibility of being extremely dangerous. ### Inappropriate charging of batteries can very easily lead to overheating with consequent high risk of fire and/or explosion. * What sort of batteries are you charging? * What type of wall charger are you using? * How many batteries are you trying to charge at the same time?
@andyfierman I'm trying to charge 18650 batteries of 10 numbers using AC to DC converter of 5V,12A with 2 power outlets.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@karthikkeyan221, You're not giving enough information. You need to answer some fundamental questions. Pleae provide a link to a datasheet for: * the "18650" batteries * the "AC to DC converter of 5V,12A with 2 power outlets" "I'm trying to charge 18650 batteries of 10 numbers" * Are all 10 of them being charged at the same time? * Are you trying to charge all 10 batteries at the same time? * Are you trying to charge 2 sets of 5 at the same time? * In series? * In parallel?
andyfierman 5 years ago
Trying to see how your circuit works from a PCB layout to advise on the safety of your design is open to errors and a waste of time for people who are trying to help you. From your PCB layout it looks like you are using separate LiPo chargers for each battery **but you have connected all the batteries in parallel.** ### Therefore as it stands, your design is incorrect and dangerously unsafe. Until you create and make public a fully documented schematic for your design (with complete BoM information and links to device datsheets) it is irresponsible for: 1. you to proceed with it; 2. anyone else to try to advise you how to proceed based on the information you have provided so far.
@andyfierman For your questions:  I'm trying to charge all 10 of them at the same time in series and the batteries are connected in parallel to have same voltage with increased capacity. Could you please tell me what is wrong with the circuit design?
andyfierman 5 years ago
Please refer to my previous post.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice