You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
easyEDA/LCSC is inferior to LCSC.com
754 8
legrady 4 years ago
If I go to place a component and I search LCSC for it, I may or may not find what I want ... and the search options are very limited. If I go to lcsc.com and search, I can find components and then copy the LCSC part number into the easyEDA/LCSC popup component window. Is this really necessary? While we are talking about it, user-contributed symbols and footprints vary wildly in quality and consistency. It would be great if users could vote on contributions, the way you do at FaceBook or Reddit, on both the symbol and footprint. Seeing how many votes eash got would help users select any contriobutions worth using. Of course there's a complication where people create a schematic but never convert it into a PCB. Or people layout a PCB without creating a schematic for it. Perhaps giving people an increasing number of votes as they create more schematics & PCBS, more votes if they make them publicly available. The PerlMonks Perl Programming website works that way. While we are at it, the LCSC footprint for a 100nF ceramic through-hole cap is far larger than the actual component. This makes it harder to lay out a crowded board. But you get that from someone else, I suppose there isn't much you can do there. Tom
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
and the search options are very limited. If I go to lcsc.com and search, I can find components and then copy the LCSC part number into the easyEDA/LCSC popup component window. Is this really necessary? any example?
legrady 4 years ago
I'm working on a PCB at the moment .. in a day or two I'll be doing a new schematic and will post something.
legrady 3 years ago
Just found an example. I search for IDC conn female 2x3 on easyEDA's LCSC popul, and get sero results. Click on the GO TO LCSC and type in the same thing, I get 22 options, though many of them are wrong. Copying the LCSC part number into the popup and I get the right part and place it into my schematic.
UserSupport 3 years ago
Hi EasyEDA search doesn't same as LCSC search. EasyEDA only support title, MPN, and some keywords. it is less than LCSC search
legrady 3 years ago
But it shouldn't be ... The LCSC search should be implemented as an API that EasyEDA can connect to; LCSC does the work, LCSC makes the sale.
UserSupport 3 years ago
Use this, ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/l1Bee3Wh9xd5M70nRjP3Rn8VvcRjYsO8ApYW2CmK.png)
legrady 3 years ago
Yes, that's what I use, but it doesn't always find things.
Andrew Jorgensen 3 years ago
Yeah I will agree here. The search function is a bit frustrating in either one in my opinion. It's really frustrating that you can't just type in "100 Ohm Resistor" and get all the available options, especially when searching through the JLCPCBAssembled class. A simple catalog tag system would be really nice.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice