You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
edited pcb module but edits don't appear when placing the module
452 4
Diz 2 years ago
I edited a pcb module, one I created and is present in my personal workspace  by moving some component labels to better locations. I then saved the module. I opened a pcb I want to use the module in. I click on Library and select the pcb module I just edited. I then click place and give the module a unique prefix. I then drag the module footprint to its location on the pcb. However, the module does not have my recent edits.  It appears to be the previous version. Is there a step I am missing?
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
Right-click **Refresh** your library before you place the module (or - not sure if this will be possible - try selecting the module in your PCB then do Update from Library).
THX1138 2 years ago
EasyEDA has kind of a lot of bugs to be honest. For my updated footprints to change on my PCB I have to go back to the schematic, click on the symbol, click on footprint, click in the search box, hit enter to make it refresh, update and close the footprint window, then go to the PCB and import changes.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@THX1138, That not a bug. That's the workflow. Create a schematic with Symbols in it that have Footprints assigned to them. Convert the schematic to a PCB. The PCB pulls in the Footprints assigned to the Symbols. If you want to change a Footprint which is associated with a Symbol in the schematic from which the PCB was created then change the Footprint assigned to the Symbol in the schematic and then update the PCB.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@THX1138, AFAIK, you cannot assign a PCB Module to a Schematic Module in the same way that you can assign a PCB Footprint to a Schematic Symbol so discussing PCB Footprints and Schematic Symbols is not really relevant to a question about Modules.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice