You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
ground plane interfering with editing pcb
1926 10
mchahn 5 years ago
I have a new problem that has appeared since I last used easyeda a month ago.  I have a copper area covering the board in the bottom layer to make a ground plane.  When I route a trace in the bottom layer it constantly shows a DRC error X.  I think this is because it is treating the copper are the same as traces.  Also when I do a right-to-left select and delete, the copper area is also deleted.  This also makes me think it is treating the copper area as a trace. This is more than annoying.  Having a constant DRC error showing means I don't see real DRC errors.  I decided to just remove the ground plane to fix this but then all the grounds show ratlines which makes them pretty much useless.  So for now I am deleting and recreating the area over and over.  Is it possible there is a setting to fix this or is it a bug? EDIT: I'm using the latest easyeda and latest chrome on ubuntu 16.04 linux.
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
From v5.7, the editor supports to check objects to copper area. that is why you will see the realtime DRC error.
mchahn 5 years ago
How do I turn it off?
UserSupport 5 years ago
![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/CZqYMUDT1GFVh5ETrP7ksfrj9DoBIolUXaYpGIVf.png)
mchahn 5 years ago
Turning off real-time isn't an option for me.  I use that to move lines and see how close I can get to other elements.  I'm not sure how other people do manual routing, but this is a serious problem for me.  Is there some way to turn off the checking against copper areas?  Can I run an old version?
UserSupport 5 years ago
@mchahn You can delete the copper area first and then routing. or shift+m delete the copper fill and then routing.
UserSupport 5 years ago
when you finish , use shift+b Rebuild the copper area.
mchahn 5 years ago
If I do that the ratlines for the grounds are a big mess.  So I have a choice of the ratlines feature or the real-time drc.  I have been deleting the copper area and recreating it over and over.  At some point the pain becomes too great.  Now that there is a desktop version, can I run an old version before this "feature" was added?
mchahn 5 years ago
I am surprised no one else has a problem with this.  I use ground planes on all my boards and I really miss being able to use real-time DRC. Suggestion:  In the DRC settings dialog below the checkbox for "Check object to Board OutLine" there could be a new checkbox "Check object to Copper Area".
peternarbus 5 years ago
You can turn off ratlines for any net in Design Manager (I think that's where).  Try turning off your ground net.
mchahn 5 years ago
\> Try turning off your ground net\. Pure genius.  I will try routing this way and then adding the copper area at the end.  I still think the feature request is a good one.  It makes no sense to report a DRC error for something that isn't a real error.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice