You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
internal cutouts
977 6
gonadgranny 4 years ago
Hi there. i have been experimenting with internal cutouts and have managed to create what looks like i want in the 3d view by creating the shape i want to cut out on the board outline layer (but within the main board outline) - is this an acceptable way of creating internal cutouts? - is there any way i can get the internal cuout to be tinned in the same way as THT holes are? Thanks., Danny
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
In theory a large multi-layer pad with a rectangular hole through it should end up with through plating. Try this and check using gerbv: 1. Select your Board Outline shape then right click and select Convert to Pad;  2. If necessary to meet the JLCPCB minimum pad annulus dimensions, increase the track width (you may have to  edit the shape to maintain the inner hole dimensions);  3. Change the Layer attribute to Multi-layer.
gonadgranny 4 years ago
@andyfierman hi thanks for the reply. i have just tried this and it seems that the shape i created does not itself become the cutout but instead becomes the annular 'ring', the cutout is dictated by the limited option of either hole or slot. is this the case or am i missing something here? just to reiterate i wanted to create custom inner cutouts which are plated in the same way as THT pads. (this is purely an experiment for aesthetic value). thanks.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Does your conversion to "pad" offer you the option to represent it as a polygon?
gonadgranny 4 years ago
@andyfierman once i have converted the shape to a pad, there is: pad properties > shape > polygon. but the hole shape is only round or slot.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Sorry, out of ideas except have a search on Google for: edge plating easyeda There are a few posts on the subject that might help.
gonadgranny 4 years ago
cool thanks for the help
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice