You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
mini pcb multiples on one small board
5772 8
gordowolff 9 years ago
I have designed a small led pcb about an inch square, or less and its a one sided layout very simple. Can I duplicate that as many times as it will fit on the standard size layout and only be charged for one circuit board. I would be ordering more than one main sized normal board but it would contain multiple small boards. I just Logged in today with my google id and I think I have it done but would want someone to check it but I could only order these boards If they are going to be charged the way I described. Also, I couldn't quite figure out how to copy paste them in rows without linking to the first drawing. Thanks, gordo BTW, it is listed as gordoRGB and under my google email gordowolff, thanks and great software, (I think hehe)
Comments
dillon 9 years ago
Hi, This is private project, I can't check it, but I know what you want to do. Can you tell me how many copy do you need? You can order 10 pieces PCB from EasyEDA, you just need to pay for $10. Dillon
andyfierman 9 years ago
Hi gordonwolff, Sounds like you're having fun with EasyEDA! It is possible to copy and paste a complete layout but as you have found, the nets in each copy will ratsnest back to the original. This is because they will all have the same net names. To get round this you can edit the net names in the copy to, say, add a suffix of 1, 2, etc,. for each copy. This is very tedious even for a small board so what you can do is a cross-document copy of the whole layout (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+Shift+V) into a new, separate PCB canvas and then, using a text editor, do a search and replace for the net names in the **Document > EasyEDA Source** file then apply it to the new copy. Then copy do a cross-document copy of the whole layout (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+Shift+V) back into the original PCB layout and palce it where you want. That way the net names will be unique in each copy. In principle I think that will work to get you a workable layout but you might need to contact `support@easyeda.com` to check that (a) there isn't a better way to do this as I've not tried it all the way through and (b) that there are no other complications in generating the Gerbers caused because the total layout now no longer relates to the original schematic. I recommend you clone the whole project and play with a copy before letting rip on the real thing. Or maybe even just try a very simple test schematic and pcb just with a couple of components on it. Do let us know if you have problems or if it works! :)
andyfierman 9 years ago
Hi gordowolff, Another point about putting multiple copies onto one PCB. Using the technique I described above, you may need to delete the original single board outline and put an overall board outline around the multiple copies. You'll probably also want to then put some silk screen markings to show where to cut the panel up into individual boards. Maybe even put rows of drill holes to assist in breaking them apart (though that puts the cost up a bit). Bearing in mind what Dillon says about how you can order multiple PCBs from EasyEDA, it may just be simpler to do the single board and see how much it costs for 10off or so. Why not do a single PCB and then see what cost estimate EasyEDA gives you when you run the Gerbers and then click on the **Order...** shopping cart? You're in no way committed to buy anything at that point but you will get a cost estimate in the dialogue window that it opens. One more idea: it is possible to create panellised PCBs just from the Gerbers. This saves all the messing about with the net renaming. Since EasyEDA suggests you download a copy of the FOSS gerbv package, this article may be of some help: [Panelize & Merge Gerber Files with Gerbv (Free Software)] You will have to check if EasyEDA can accept Gerbers created that way with `support@easyeda.com` [Panelize & Merge Gerber Files with Gerbv (Free Software)]: http://www.tristantech.net/articles/gerbv/
rectifryer 6 years ago
Is there a better way to do this now? The easy eda source text file for my project is thousands of characters long and has multiple instances where searching the text string name of a component comes up with coincident items that are unrelated so this method isn't workable.
andyfierman 6 years ago
You can save your single small PCB as a module then paste multiple copies onto a new PCB project. You'll have to delete the board outline of the individual module and put an overall outline round the array. See: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCBOrderFAQ And look for the sections on panelization and V cutting.
rectifryer 6 years ago
@andyfierman Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again mate.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice