You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
need advice for pcb optimization
1123 4
cezerkiran76 7 years ago
![my orginal dimension is 60mm*45mm][1] i doubt my hole size and pad size are not enough ,please give me some advice regarding the size of both.because i am going to etch the board myself and drill it myself. [1]: /editor/20170529/592b74dd27d08.png
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Two points: 1. Your project is private so it is not possible to offer much advice on your PCB layout because it is not known what each trace is carrying (High voltage? High current? High frequency?). 2. Why etch the board yourself? You can get it done professionally and at very low cost directly by EasyEDA. Then you can have a 2 layer PCB with proper plated through holes and more routing space for a cleaner layout. As long as you choose appropriate PCB footprints for the components you are using then you do not need to worry about hole sizes, pad dimensions, trace widths etc. * If you must etch and drill it yourself, then 1. make the traces wide enough that you can be sure that they will not be accidentally over-etched and end up too narrow; 2. drill the holes to the drill size - or the nearest *larger* size that you have - given in recommended PCB footprint in the datasheets for the devices you are using. Do not use drill sizes smaller than recommended in the datasheets. :)
cezerkiran76 7 years ago
Is there a way that i can share the the project with you and get help ?? on seeing the pad properties the minimum hole i have in the project is 0.7 mm is it possible to drill such a small hole ? or else i should increase all components hole to 1mm and pad to 2mm ,Regarding the easyeda order since i am from india i doubt the price for ordering it will bemuch higher than ething manually. can i sellect all the pads and change thier sizes at a same time if so how?
andyfierman 7 years ago
To understand how to use EasyEDA, including how to share your work, please read the Tutorial: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/ Thanks.
kintara6686 7 years ago
I generally drill components holes at 0.8mm. I use a 12v hand held PCB drill mounted in a cheap drill press from ebay. It seems to work ok for prototyping and any componanents that wont fit in the hole, e.g. terminals I go up in size a bit to maybe 1.0mm. I don't get my boards done professionally as I am mainly prototyping one-off projects and will change the board design several times before going to manufacturing. Only when it's all finalised do I get it manufactured.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice